FiledBy was a social cataloging website for content creators (i.e. book authors, illustrators, photographers, and artists), and FiledBy, Inc. offered online marketing solutions for both authors and publishers. FiledBy, Inc. was co-founded in 2008 by Peter Clifton and Mike Shatzkin. Launched in March 2009, FiledBy had over 3 million author and contributor websites and over 8 million books in its database.
FiledBy offered both free and premium author websites with many tools and features designed for authors, and allowed authors to create a blog, post events and appearances, communicate with readers and other authors, build a "What I'm Reading" list, post a resume, and add and edit book descriptions. FiledBy also had a pre-publication feature that allows both first time and published authors to build a pre-publication website to promote forthcoming books before they are released.
- "Q&A with cofounders Peter Clifton and Mike Shatzkin". Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "FiledBy Expands By Leaps". Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "Membership Levels". Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "Pre-Publication Feature". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- March 25, 2009, Publishers Weekly, "New Site Hosts 1.8 Million Author Pages"
- March 25, 2009 Venture Nashville Connections, "Local FiledBy startup asks authors to claim 1.8 million webpages"
- July 8, 2009, Atlas Book Distribution, "FiledBy Launches Program to Assist Writers and Publishers"