12 June 1997|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||211 lb (96 kg; 15 st 1 lb)|
109th overall, 2015|
Filip Ahl (born 12 June 1997) is a Swedish professional ice hockey forward who is currently playing for BIK Karlskoga of the HockeyAllsvenskan (Allsv). He was chosen in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators.
Ahl made his Swedish Hockey League debut playing with HV71 during the 2013–14 SHL season. At 16 years of age, Ahl became the youngest player to ever appear with HV71, the ninth youngest in SHL history. Following the 2014–15 season, Ahl was signed to a two-year contract extension by HV71 on May 8, 2015.
In 2016, Ahl came to Canada to play one season with the Regina Pats junior team. Ahl had a good season, scoring 28 goals and 48 total points and the Pats team made it to the WHL finals. Ahl attended the Senators' development camp in the summer, but Ahl did not sign with the Senators and signed instead with Örebro HK. The Senators retain his NHL rights for one more season, when he can become a free agent.
Regular season and playoffs
- "Senators select Ahl with 4th round pick". Ottawa Senators. 28 June 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "HV71 2013–14 player statistics". eliteprospects.com. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Forward talents signs contract" (in Swedish). HV71. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "New offensive player ready for Tingsryds" (in Swedish). Tingsryds AIF. 1 May 2018. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|