August 13, 1994 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
|NHL Draft||11th overall, 2012
Carl Filip Anton Forsberg (born August 13, 1994) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the Nashville Predators of the National Hockey League (NHL). Forsberg was selected by the Washington Capitals in the first round (11th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Forsberg had standout performances at both the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, Breclav, Czech Republic and World U18 Championships Tournament, Brno, Czech Republic where he was a member of the silver medal winning Team Sweden. At World Juniors in Brno he was also selected Best Forward of the tournament. In final rankings done by NHL Central Scouting, Forsberg was the highest rated European forward available in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He was selected 11th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Washington Capitals.
On July 13, 2012, while attending his first Capitals development camp, he signed a three-year entry level contract. Forsberg was returned to his former club, Leksands IF, on loan for the duration of the 2012–13 season. He again improved upon his season totals for the third consecutive year to finish with 33 points in 38 games to help Leksand gain promotion to return to the Swedish Hockey League for the following season.
On April 3, 2013, Forsberg was unexpectedly traded by the Capitals to the Nashville Predators in exchange for Martin Erat and Michael Latta. With his Swedish season completed, Forsberg was recalled from his loan and made his NHL debut towards the end of the lockout-shortened 2012–13 season, becoming the third-youngest player to suit up for the Predators, in a 3–0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on April 14, 2013.
Forsberg scored his first NHL goal on October 8, 2013, against Niklas Bäckström of the Minnesota Wild. He finished the 2013–14 season with five points (one goal and four assists) in 13 games played with the Predators, in addition to 34 points (15 goals and 19 assists) in 47 games played with the American Hockey League (AHL)'s Milwaukee Admirals.
In the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs, Forsberg became the youngest Nashville Predator to score a playoff goal in franchise history and also recorded the first playoff hat trick in franchise history in the first round against the Chicago Blackhawks. Forsberg was voted to the postseason NHL All-Rookie Team for the 2014-2015 season.
Filip was born to unmarried parents Carina Dahlberg and Patrik Forsberg. He has a younger brother, Fredrik Forsberg, born in 1996.
Regular season and playoffs
|Rookie of the Month||November 2014|
|NHL All-Star Game||2015|
|World U-18 Best Forward||2012|
|World Junior Top Three Player on Team Sweden||2013|
|World Junior All-Star Team||2013, 2014|
|World Junior Best Forward||2014|
|World Junior MVP||2014|
- [Gets Nashville Predators firat playoff hat trick against Chicagohttp://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=683081 "5 Minute Majors: Filip Forsberg"] Check
|url=scheme (help). Nashville Predators. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2014-11-26.
- "Button: Prospects turning heads at Ivan Hlinka tournament". The Sports Network. 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Five who have impressed at Hlinka tournament - Fox News
- European Skaters Final Rankings http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79333
- "Capitals sign Filip Forsberg". Washington Capitals. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "Capitals acquire Martin Erat and Michael Latta from Nashville". Washington Capitals. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Red Wings shutout Predators". Nashville Predators. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Minnesota Wild at Nashville Predators". Nashville Predators. 2013-10-09.
- "Predators' Forsberg added to All-Star Game roster". NHL.com. January 22, 2015. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Filip Forsberg's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Filip Forsberg's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Filip Forsberg profile at Eurohockey.com
|Awards and achievements|
|Washington Capitals first round draft pick