Teixeira playing for Barnsley in 2010
|Full name||Filipe Andrade Teixeira|
|Date of birth||2 October 1980|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2003–2004||→ União Leiria (loan)||21||(0)|
|2007–2010||West Bromwich Albion||49||(5)|
|2010||→ Barnsley (loan)||14||(0)|
|2011||→ Braşov (loan)||12||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 May 2017.
Although he appeared sparingly for the Bouches-du-Rhône side in his only season, Teixeira joined the Ligue 1 after being transferred to Paris Saint-Germain F.C. where he teamed up with Brazil's Ronaldinho, being rarely used during his spell with the capital side.
Teixeira then returned to Portugal, making his Primeira Liga debuts at Vítor Pontes's União de Leiria, on loan, and playing alongside compatriots Hugo Almeida and Luís Filipe. At the end of the campaign he went back to PSG, and teamed up with two more countrymen: Pauleta and Hugo Leal.
Another move to Portugal followed, as Teixeira signed for Académica de Coimbra. With the Students, he only missed five league game in two seasons combined, helping the team to consecutive 13th-place finishes (the competition changed from 18 to 16 clubs for 2006–07).
Teixeira completed a move to West Bromwich Albion on 17 July 2007 for a fee of £600,000, signing a three-year contract. He made his pre-season debut one week later against Northampton Town, scoring twice, and his first appearance in the Football League Championship came in a 1–2 defeat at Burnley, on the opening day of the season.
Teixeira scored his first goal for Albion in a 2–0 home win over Barnsley, on 1 September 2007. His performances in midfield during that month earned him a place on the shortlist for Championship Player of the Month, although the award eventually went to Watford's Darius Henderson.
Teixeira was stretchered off after 18 minutes of WBA's 3–0 home win against Plymouth Argyle in early March 2008, when he landed awkwardly following a clash with Gary Sawyer – initial scans on the player's knee suggested that he had suffered cruciate ligament damage and was "likely to miss the rest of the campaign". The prognosis proved correct and he returned to Portugal to have an operation, before undergoing rehabilitation at former club Académica; as Albion promoted to the Premier League, he contributed with five goals in 30 games.
On 31 January 2010, having appeared scarcely for WBA following his return from injury, Teixeira joined fellow division two club Barnsley, on loan until the rest of the season.
On 22 June 2010, aged nearly 30, Teixeira joined Ukrainian side FC Metalurh Donetsk on a two-year contract, after being granted a free transfer from West Bromwich – he teamed up at the club with compatriots China and Mário Sérgio. In February of the following year, however, he was loaned to FC Braşov in Romania, for six-months.
Teixeira continued in Romania and its Liga I for the 2011–12 season, signing for FC Rapid Bucureşti. He was released from his contract after the club entered administration, and moved to the United Arab Emirates with Al-Shaab CSC.
Teixeira returned to Romania in the summer of 2013, joining FC Petrolul Ploiești. He scored seven league goals in 29 games in his debut campaign, helping his new team to the third position with the subsequent qualification to the UEFA Europa League.
- Paris Saint-Germain
- West Bromwich Albion
- Astra Giurgiu
- "Baggies sign midfielder Teixeira". BBC Sport. 17 July 2007. Retrieved 6 October 2007.
- "Northampton 1–5 West Brom". BBC Sport. 26 July 2007. Retrieved 6 October 2007.
- "Burnley vs WBA". West Bromwich Albion. 11 August 2007. Archived from the original on 13 February 2009. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "WBA vs Barnsley". West Bromwich Albion. 1 September 2007. Archived from the original on 6 January 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2007.
- "Henderson lands September award". BBC Sport. 9 October 2007. Retrieved 16 October 2007.
- "WBA vs Plymouth". West Bromwich Albion. 1 March 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2008.
- "Teixeira blow for Albion". West Bromwich Albion. 7 March 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2008.
- "Teixeira boost for Baggies". West Bromwich Albion. 28 June 2008. Retrieved 28 June 2008.
- "Filipe Teixeira to play in FC Brasov" (in Romanian). FC Brasov. 21 February 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Jucatorul care a pus Ghencea in genunchi ajunge in Giulesti!" (in Romanian). Sport.ro. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Petrolul and Hajduk heroics stun Europe". UEFA.com. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- Filipe Teixeira at TheFinalBall.com
- Filipe Teixeira at ForaDeJogo
- Filipe Teixeira – French league stats at LFP