This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Sweden, Stockholm (1993)|
Filippa Knutsson (Founder)|
Patrik Kihlborg (Partner)
Karin Segerblom (Partner)
|Revenue||~35 million Euro (2006)|
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, Filippa K now operates a growing number of profile stores in Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland. In addition the men's and women's lines are represented by over 650 retailers throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
Filippa K was founded in 1993.
Having grown up in London, creative director Filippa Knutsson returned to her native Sweden in the 1980s to work in the family fashion business, Gul&Blå. Knutsson oversees all creative aspects of Filippa K, including conceptual vision, fashion design, retail concepts and brand communications.
- 1993 - Filippa K is founded by Filippa Knutsson and her partners Patrik Kihlborg and Karin Segerblom. The first collection of women's jerseys, knits and jeans is launched through selected retailers in Sweden.
- 1994 - Filippa K is represented by agencies in Denmark and Norway.
- 1997 - The first two Filippa K stores opened, one in Stockholm, Sweden and one in Oslo, Norway. Filippa is awarded the Guldknappen design prize for Swedish Fashion Designer of the Year.
- 1998 - The Filippa K Men's collection is launched and the third store was opened, this time in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1999 - The first Filippa K Men's store opens in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2000 - Filippa K starts to grow in Europe and also opens two more stores, one in Stockholm, Sweden and another in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2001 - The European expansion continues with agency representation in the Netherlands and Belgium, as well as the opening of a Filippa K store in Amsterdam.
- 2002 - A showroom is opened in Brussels and Filippa K enters the German, Swiss and Irish markets.
- 2003 - Distribution is secured in Canada and the United States. The Netherlands has become Filippa K's second largest market and 50 per cent of the brands turnover comes from countries outside Scandinavia. Filippa K's 10th anniversary is celebrated with a vernissage at the Wetterling's Art Gallery in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2004 - Another men's store opens its doors in Stockholm, Sweden and Filippa K adds high-profile retailers abroad such as Selfridge's in the United Kingdom and Fred Segal in Los Angeles.
- 2005 - A store opens in Antwerp, Belgium.
- 2006 - A new agency representation in France. Filippa K opens the first stores in Germany: one store and one showroom in Berlin and two stores in Munich. In Stockholm, the new concept Filippa K Ease is launched.
- 2008 - A store opens in San Francisco, California.
- "Store Locator - Filippa K". Filippa-k.com. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- "Filippa K - Swedish quality and sustainable fashion". swedishquality.com. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Fashion news, Fashion jobs, network, career, job board, designer jobs, fashionjobs, London, UK". Fashionunited.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-05.
- "Shopping pick of the week, November 30 2007 | Fashion". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-06-05.
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-02-09. Retrieved 2008-02-09.