3 December 1970 |
Filippo Nigro (born 3 December 1970) is an Italian actor.
Life and career
Born in Rome, Nigro studied at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia under Lina Wertmüller. After a minor role in the 2001 Ferzan Ozpetek's drama film The Ignorant Fairies and several television works, in 2003 Nigro had his breakout role as Filippo, the Giovanna Mezzogiorno's husband in Ozpetek's Facing Windows. In 2004 he was appointed Shooting Star at the Berlin International Film Festival. In 2009 he was nominated at David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Different from Whom?.
Nigro is married to film and television producer Gina Gardini. They have three children.
- The Ignorant Fairies (2001)
- Facing Windows (2003)
- Different from Whom? (2008)
- A Game for Girls (2008)
- Love, Soccer and Other Catastrophes (2008)
- Amore che vieni, amore che vai (2008)
- Different from Whom? (2009)
- Oggi sposi (2009)
- From the Waist Up (2010)
- They Call It Summer (2012)
- ACAB – All Cops Are Bastards (2012)
- Barabbas (2012)
- Deep in the Wood (2015)
- Nicoletta Dose. "Filippo Nigro. A caccia di delitti imperfetti". MyMovies. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "Berlino, Giorgio Pasotti è la 'Shooting star' italiana". La Repubblica. 2005-01-13. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "David di Donatello, "Il Divo" fa il pieno". Corriere della Sera. 9 April 2009. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Giorgio Dell’Arti, Massimo Parrini. Catalogo dei viventi. Marsilio, 2009. ISBN 9788831795999.