This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2018)
Filippo Perlo (8 February 1873 - 4 November 1948) was an Italian Catholic prelate, who was the Vicar Apostolic Emeritus of Kenya (Archdiocese of Nyeri, Kenya) and Bishop Titular of Maronea. He was also Superior General of the Consolata Missionaries (IMC).
Born in Caramagna Piemonte, Piedmont, he was ordained a priest in the Consolata Missionaries on 10 August 1895, aged 22.
On 15 July 1909, aged 36, he was appointed as Vicar Apostolic of Kenya and Bishop Titular of Maronea. On 23 October 1909, he was ordained as Bishop Titular of Maronea. He was consecrated by Agostino Cardinal Richelmy.
On 18 November 1925, aged 52, he resigned as Vicar Apostolic of Kenya.
On 16 February 1926, he was named as the Superior General of Consolata Missionaries. On 11 January 1929, almost 56 years old, he resigned.
On 4 November 1948, aged 75, Bishop Perlo died, holding the title of Vicar Apostolic Emeritus of Kenya.
He had been a priest for 53 years and a bishop for 39 years.
- ^ "Bishop Filippo Perlo [Catholic-Hierarchy]". www.catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2021-09-14.
- 1873 births
- 1948 deaths
- People from the Province of Cuneo
- 20th-century Italian titular bishops
- Italian Roman Catholic bishops in Africa
- Italian Roman Catholic missionaries
- 20th-century Roman Catholic bishops in Kenya
- Roman Catholic missionaries in Kenya
- Italian expatriates in Kenya
- British Kenya people
- Roman Catholic bishops of Nyeri