Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up fill in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fill may refer to:
- Fill dirt, soil added to an area
- Fill character, a character transmitted solely for the purpose of consuming time
- Fill device, an electronic module that loads cryptographic keys into an electronic encryption machine
- Fill (music), a short segment of instrumental music
- In textiles, the filling yarn is the same as weft, the yarn which is shuttled back and forth across the warp to create a woven fabric.
- In finance, a fill is the fulfillment of a part or whole of an order at a given price by a broker or counterparty
- Fill flash, a technique in photography where the flash is used in bright locations to prevent shadows from being underexposed
- Fill light, background lighting used to reduce the contrast of a scene and provide some illumination for the areas of the image that would otherwise be in shadow
- Flood fill or Fill pattern, the color, pattern, or texture that fills an area in graphic design
- Matter that is contained in a pillow, cushion, quilt, etc., or used to protect items in a package; it may have more specific names, e.g., fiberfill, foamfill, etc., some being tradenames or brands
- Fill power, a measure of the loft or "fluffiness" of a down product that is loosely related to the insulating value of the down
People with the surname
- Embankment (transportation)
- Filler (disambiguation)
- Filling (disambiguation)
- Fill-in (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fill.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.