|This March 2008 needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Owner||ImaJAN Media, LLC|
|24,190 (September 2011[update])|
FilmCrave is an online movie social network that allows users to write movie reviews, share movie lists, watch trailers and interact with other members. Founded by three college friends in February 2007, the site was launched in August 2007. FilmCrave is privately owned and funded by ImaJAN Media LLC, Missouri.
Rankings and lists
FilmCrave’s users rate movies on a 0.5 – 4 star scale. These ratings help to determine the overall "rankings" of movies. Users can also add movies to specific lists such as the "Top Movies of All time" and "Top Action Films". User rankings on these lists are factored into FilmCrave’s "Top Movie" lists. The site also features similar lists related to new DVD and Blu-ray releases.
Terrence Russell of VentureBeat says that FilmCrave has "made a name for itself as the social network for movie buffs". CNET's Don Reisinger lists FilmCrave as a social network for movie buffs where you can "find other members who might have similar movie tastes by comparing their reviews to yours." FilmCrave was listed as an alternative to Facebook by AOL's "Switched", as "FilmCrave's biggest appeal is its simplicity." Mashable has described FilmCrave as a "fun movie rating and review social site that rewards users for participation", selecting it for their "Best Niche and Miscellaneous Social Networks" award in 2007. The site took second place in the "Most Innovative" category in the 2008 StartupNation Home-Based 100 awards.
- ImaJAN Media Site Ownership List
- "FilmCrave.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- Newswiretoday ImaJAN Media Press Release 3/18/08
- Lincoln Journal Star Award Announcement 12/18/07
- Filmcrave.com - Top 100 Movies accessed 09/13/11
- Filmcrave.com - new DVD releases accessed 01/10/2011
- Free-Press-Release.com - Press release accessed 12/16/2010
- Russell, Terrence (March 18, 2009). "FilmCrave to leverage user content for partnerships". VentureBeat. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Reisinger, Don (June 25, 2009). "Social networks for the movie buff". CNET. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Reilly, Dan (February 26, 2009). "21 Places to Go When You're Sick of Facebook". Swicthed. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Catone, Josh (July 18, 2009). "Top 10 Great Social Sites for Movie Lovers". Mashable. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Mashable's Open Web Awards Announcement 12/20/07
- Start Up Nation's Contest Winners Announced 1/06/09
- Programmable Web's News Post About FilmCrave's Data Launch 3/18/09
- Hangar's Data Page Accessing FilmCrave Data 9/13/2011