Film City is an integrated film studio complex situated near Sanjay Gandhi National Park at Goregaon East, Mumbai in India. It has several recording rooms, gardens, lakes, theaters and grounds that serve as the venue of many Bollywood film shootings. It was built in 1977 by the state government to provide facilities and concessions to the film industry. The plan for Film City was prepared and executed under the guidance of V. Shantaram. It was renamed Dadasaheb Phalke Nagar in 2001 in memory of India's first producer-director-screenwriter Dadasaheb Phalke, who is considered father of Indian film industry. It has been the shooting location for almost all Bollywood films. It has all type of location available for shooting including a temple, prison, lake, garden and even a man-made waterfall.
- Noida Film City
- Ramoji Film City
- Cinema of India
- Film and Television Institute of India
- State Institute of Film and Television
- "Film City Mumbai - Film City of Mumbai, Bombay Filmcity, Filmcity Mumbai India". Mumbai.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-09-06.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagari
- Indian Film Cities
- FILM CITY - Amazing Maharashtra
- Times Magazine: Best of Asia - Film City Bombay, India - Listed as best place to think of Stardom at TIME
- Mumbai Film City in World Records India[dead link]
|This article about a film studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|