Filmfare Special Award
The Filmfare Special Award or Special Performance Award or Special Mention or Special Jury Award is given by the Filmfare magazine as part of its annual Filmfare Awards for Hindi films.
It acknowledges a special and unique performance and encourages artistes, filmmakers and musicians to break new ground in drama, direction, music and acting. It is only given if someone has done something really different. However, it is also given occasionally to film personalities for their contribution to the film industry.
- Mushir Riaz Alam (producer) - Apne Paraye
- Rajesh Khanna (actor) - for completing 25 years in the Indian film industry.
- Lata Mangeshkar (singer) – Mangeshkar could not be nominated for the Best Female Playback Singer award as many years back she requested that her name be not considered for a nomination in order to promote new talent, the jury awarded her for her rendition of the song "Didi Tera Devar Deewana" from Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!.
- Asha Bhosle (singer) – Like her elder sister, Bhosle could not be nominated for the Best Female Playback Singer award as she requested that her name be not considered for a nomination in order to promote new talent, the jury awarded her for her rendition of the song "Tanha Tanha" from the movie Rangeela.
- Shekhar Kapur (filmmaker) – for his contribution to the film industry and for his achievement in international cinema.
- Amitabh Bachchan (actor) – crowned as "Superstar of the Millennium"