Filmore, New Orleans
|New Orleans Neighborhood|
|Planning District||District 6, Gentilly District|
|Elevation||0 ft (0.0 m)|
|Area||1.24 sq mi (3.2 km2)|
|- land||1.19 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.05 sq mi (0 km2), 4.03%|
|Density||1,360/sq mi (525/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Filmore is a neighborhood of the city of New Orleans. A subdistrict of the Gentilly District Area, its boundaries as defined by the City Planning Commission are: Robert E. Lee Boulevard to the north, London Avenue Canal to the east, Press Drive, Paris Avenue and Harrison Avenue to the south and Bayou St. John to the west.
Filmore is located at  and has an elevation of 0 feet (0.0 m). According to the United States Census Bureau, the district has a total area of 1.24 square miles (3.2 km2). 1.19 square miles (3.1 km2) of which is land and 0.05 square miles (0.1 km2) (4.03%) of which is water.
- Lake Terrace/Lake Oaks (north)
- St. Anthony (east)
- Dillard (east)
- St. Bernard Projects (south)
- City Park (west)
The City Planning Commission defines the boundaries of Filmore as these streets: Robert E. Lee Boulevard, London Avenue Canal, Press Drive, Paris Avenue, Harrison Avenue and Bayou St. John.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. "Filmore Neighborhood". Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Filmore Neighborhood". Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
|This New Orleans, Louisiana–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|