Type of site
|Music, Film score, Forum|
|Created by||Christian Clemmensen|
|Launched||24 September 1996|
Filmtracks.com is a modern film score review website created and maintained by its sole reviewer, Christian Clemmensen. Since the launch of Filmtracks in 1996, the website has reviewed nearly two-thousand soundtracks dating as far back as 1954, though the website's focus is primarily those composed after 1975. Filmtracks also has a forum.
In February 1998, Filmtracks was highly recommended to film music fans by Lukas Kendall at Film Score Monthly. In October 2000, Entertainment Weekly's Erin Podolsky gave the website an 'A' rating and called it "A MUST-VISIT". In April 2001, Filmtracks was also named Associate of the Month by Amazon.com.
Best Film Score
- Berlioz (2006). "Repent ye nasty hive of hedonistic film score fan(atic)s". www.dooyoo.co.uk. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Reviews by year. Filmtracks.com. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Kendall, Lukas. "Recommended Website Reactions". Film Score Monthly. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Podolsky, Erin. Filmtracks Modern Soundtrack Reviews EW grade. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- Travis F. Smith. "Filmtracks tuned in to movie music: Site reviews over 1000 soundtracks". Variety. Retrieved 16 December 2011.