Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda)
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Pretax: US$0.08 Billion (RWF:0.062 billion) (Q4:2015)|
|Total assets||US$102.0 million (RWF:76.24 billion) (Q4:2015)|
|Parent||Guaranty Trust Bank|
The beginnings of the bank in Rwanda can be traced to 1983, when the BACAR bank was established. It became one of the first privately owned commercial banks in the country. Sometime before 2004, BACAR was taken over by the National Bank of Rwanda, the country's central bank, because of managerial issues. In 2004, Fina Bank, at that time, a Kenyan commercial bank, acquired BACAR. In 2008, Fina Bank opened banking operations in Uganda as well, forming the Fina Bank Group.
In 2013, Guaranty Trust Bank acquired 70 percent shareholding in the Fina Bank Group for a cash payment of US$100 million. In January 2014, the bank rebranded to reflect the new ownership structure.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Guaranty Trust Bank||95.73|
|2||Government of Rwanda||4.27|
As of June 2016, GTBank maintained branches at the following locations:
- Main Branch - 20 Boulevard de la Révolution, Kigali
- Gisozi Branch - Gasabo, Kigali
- Muhanga Branch - Muhanga, Southern Province
- Kayonza Branch - Kayonza, Eastern Province
- Ngoma Branch - Ngoma, Eastern Province
- Karongi Branch - Karongi, Western Province
- Kicukiro Branch - Kicukiro, Kigali
- Kigali City Market Branch - Nyarugenge, Kigali
- Kimironko Branch - Gasabo Kigali
- Nyabugogo Branch - Nyarugenge, Kigali
- Remera Branch - Gasabo, Kigali
- Rubavu Branch - , Rubavu, Northern Province
- Musanze Branch - Musanze, Northern Province
- Rusizi Branch - Rusizi, Western Province
- List of banks in Rwanda
- Economy of Rwanda
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Kenya)
- Fina Bank Group
- Gasore, Ben (20 May 2014). "Rwanda: GT Bank Completes Takeover of Finabank's 70 Percent Stake". New Times (Rwanda). Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Gasore, Ben (29 May 2015). "Rwanda: GTBank Records RWF:260.4 Million Net Profit In Q1". The New Times (Rwanda). Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Nation Correspondent, . (29 December 2013). "Regulator Approves Plan By Nigerian Bank To Buy 70 Percent Fina Stake". Daily Nation Mobile (Nairobi). Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Kasambira, Timothy (29 January 2014). "FinaBank Rebrands To GT Bank". New Times (Rwanda). Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Branch Locator | GTBank Rwanda". gtbank.co.rw. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- GTBR, . (2015). "The Branch Network of Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda)". Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda) - (GTBR). Retrieved 7 June 2015.