Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda)
|Headquarters||Kira Road, Kampala, Uganda|
Olufemi Martins Omotoso
|Products||Loans, savings, checking, investments, debit cards, credit cards|
|Total assets||US$30.63 million (2015)|
Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda), commonly referred to as GT Bank (Uganda), is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by Bank of Uganda, the central bank of that country and the national banking regulator.
GT Bank (Uganda) is a retail financial services institution that provides commercial banking services to individuals and small to medium-sized corporate clients. As of December 2011, the asset valuation of the bank was estimated to be US$30.63 million (USh104.9 billion), with shareholders' equity of US$11 million (USh39.7 billion) GT Bank (Uganda) is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), a Nigerian financial services conglomerate with assets in excess of NGN:2,525 billion as of 31 December 2015.
GT Bank (Uganda) was founded in 2008 as Fina Bank (Uganda), a subsidiary of the Fina Bank Group based in Kenya. In 2013, the Group sold 70 percent shareholding to GTB for a cash consideration of US$100 million. In January 2014, the bank rebranded to its current name to reflect its current shareholding.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Guaranty Trust Bank||70.00|
GT Bank (Uganda) is governed by a nine-person Board of Directors. Ramesh Babu, one of the non-Executive Directors is the Chairman of the Board. Olufemi Martins Omotoso serves as the Managing Director. He is assisted by six other managers in supervising the bank's daily activities.
As of November 2016[update], GT Bank Uganda has a network of branches at the following locations: (1) Main Branch: 56 Kira Road, Kamwookya, Kampala (2) Buganda Road Branch: 7 Buganda Road, Kampala (3) Nakivubo Road Branch: 34-38 Nakivubo Road, Kampala (4) Ovino Market Branch: 22 Kisenyi Road, Kampala (5) Industrial Area Branch: 13 Mulwana Road, Kampala (6) Mbarara Branch: 52-54 High Street, Mbarara (7) Kyaliwajjala Branch: 31 Namugongo Road, Kyaliwajjala, Kira Municipality (8) Colville Street Branch: 5-6 Colville Street, Kampala (9) Makerere Branch: Makerere.
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- Guaranty Trust Bank (East Africa)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Kenya)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda)
- GT Bank Uganda (3 November 2016). "The Guaranty Trust Bank Board of Directors". GT Bank Uganda. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- GT Bank Uganda (1 April 2015). "Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda): Summarised Audited Financial Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2014" (PDF). Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda). Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (25 February 2016). "Guaranty Trust Bank Plc: Guaranty Trust Bank Group's Audited Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2015" (PDF). Lagos: Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- BDA Reporter (November 2013). "Nigerian lender to buy 70 pc stake in Kenya's Fina bank". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Fina Bank Uganda Sold To Nigerian Bank Group". Kampala. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Kay, Chris (4 February 2014). "Nigeria's Guaranty Trust Completes Purchase of Kenya's Fina Bank". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- GT Bank Uganda (3 November 2016). "List of GT Bank Uganda Branches". Kampala: GT Bank Uganda. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Vision Reporter (1 December 2009). "Fina Bank Targets Industrial Area". New Vision. Retrieved 3 November 2016.