Finance Trust Bank
|Headquarters||Plot 121 & 115, Block 6,
Finance Trust Building,
Katwe, Kampala, Uganda
|Evelyn Kigozi Kahiigi
Annet Nakawunde Mulindwa
Number of employees
The headquarters of FTB are located on Plot 121 & 115, Block 6, Finance Trust Building, Katwe, in the Central Division of Kampala, Uganda's capital city. The coordinates of the institution's headquarters are 0°18'08.0"N, 32°34'35.0"E (Latitude:0.302223; Longitude:32.576403).
FTB was founded in 1984 as Uganda Women's Finance Trust Limited. The objective was to provide financial services to low income people in Uganda, especially women. Sixty percent of the bank's customers are women. Subsequently, the institution rebranded to Uganda Finance Trust Limited, a Tier III financial institution, recognized as a microfinance deposit-taking institution under the supervision of the Bank of Uganda. On 11 November 2013, the Bank of Uganda granted the bank a full commercial banking license. The institution then rebranded to its current name.
As of December 2016, FTB serviced over 470,000 deposit accounts through a network of 36 interconnected branches, located in all regions of the country. The bank's total customer deposits were UGX:78.4 billion.
As of 31 December 2017, the bank's total assets were valued at UGX:178.78 billion (approx. US$48.5 million), with shareholders' equity of UGX:37.72 billion (approx. US$10.2 million).
The stock ownership of the institution as of May 2018 is summarized in the table below.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Uganda Women's Trust (Uganda)||20.10|
|2||Oikocredit Ecumenical Development Cooperative Society (Netherlands)||19.60|
|3||Progression Eastern African Micro Finance Equity Fund (Uganda)||18.30|
|4||RIF North 1||18.30|
|5||Investment & Partner Afrique Entrepreneurs (France)||14.20|
|6||Ugandan Women Entrepreneurs (Uganda)||9.50|
As of August 2016, FTB maintained a network of 36 interconnected branches at the following locations:
- Main Branch - Katwe Road, Katwe, Kampala
- Arua Branch - Arua
- Bombo Road Branch - Bombo Road, Kampala
- Bugiri Branch - Grant Street, Bugiri
- Busia Branch - Custom Road, Busia
- Entebbe Branch - Kampala Road, Entebbe
- Fort Portal Branch - Rukidi III Street, Fort Portal
- Gomba Branch - Kanoni, Gomba District
- Iganga Branch - Main Street, Iganga
- Ishaka Branch - Rukungiri Road, Ishaka
- Jinja Branch - Iganga Road, Jinja
- Kalangala Branch - Kalangala
- Kalerwe Branch - Kaleerwe, Kampala
- Kampala Road Branch - Kampala Road, Kampala
- Kamuli Branch - Kitimbo Road, Kamuli
- Kamwenge Branch - Station Road, Kamwenge
- Kapchorwa Branch - 46 Kapchorwa Road, Kapchorwa
- Kayunga Branch - Main Street, Kayunga
- Kijura Branch - Kijura sub-county, Kabarole District
- Kikuubo Branch - Nakivubo Road, Kampala
- Kitintale Branch - Kitintale - Kampala
- Kumi Branch - Ngora Road, Kumi
- Lugazi Branch - Kampala-Jinja Highway, Lugazi
- Lwengo Branch - Mabiriizi, Lwengo District
- Masaka Branch - Edward Avenue, Masaka
- Mbale Branch - Republic Street, Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - High Street, Mbarara
- Mukono Branch - Kampala–Jinja Highway, Mukono
- Nakivubo Branch - 30-32 Mackay Road, Freeman Foundation Building, Kampala
- Nansana Branch - Hoima Road, Nansana
- Nateete Branch - Masaka Road, Nateete
- Ntungamo Branch - Old Kabale Road, Ntungamo
- Owino Branch - Kafumbe Mukasa Road, Kampala
- Pallisa Branch - Kasodo Road, Pallisa
- Soroti Branch - Solot Avenue, Soroti
- Tororo Branch - Bazaar Street, Tororo
Evelyn Kigozi Kahiigi is the chairperson of the board of directors. She is one of the non-executive directors of the bank. There are ten other board members, including Annet Nakawunde Mulindwa, the managing director, and Annette Kiggundu, the only other executive director on the board.
- Finance Trust Bank (17 May 2018). "Finance Trust Bank: About Us: Board of Directors". Kampala: Finance Trust Bank. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- FTB (26 April 2018). "Summary of Financial Statements for the Year Ended 31 December 2017" (PDF). Kampala: Finance Trust Bank. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Bank of Uganda (31 March 2017). "List of licensed Commercial Banks as at March 31, 2017" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Google (14 November 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Finance Trust Bank" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- TFB. "Trust Finance Bank About Us". Kampala: Trust Finance Bank (FTB). Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Lyatuu, Justus (11 December 2016). "Uganda: Finance Trust, MTN, Airtel in Mobile Money Deal". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- OCO (31 July 2017). "Finance Trust Bank: Banking Services for Women". London: Oikocredit (OCO). Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Ssempijja, David (21 February 2011). "Banks advised to embrace technology". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Mugabe, David (22 December 2013). "Banking remains attractive with Finance Trust as latest entrant". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Pasha (December 2016). "Avanza upgrades e-infrastructure at Finance Trust Bank Uganda". Karachi: Pasha.org (Pasha). Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Finance Trust Bank (28 May 2018). "Finance Trust Bank: OwnerShip and Capital Share". Kampala: Finance Trust Bank. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- FTB (18 August 2017). "Finance Trust Bank: About Us: Branch Network". Kampala: Finance Trust Bank (FTB). Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Twaha, Ali (20 May 2015). "Uganda: Finance Trust Takes Banking Products to Kijura Residents". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 22 May 2015.