Financial Services Authority (Indonesia)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
|Otoritas Jasa Keuangan|
Financial Services Authority of Indonesia (Indonesian: Otoritas Jasa Keuangan or OJK) is an Indonesian government agency which regulates and supervises the financial services sector. Its head office is in Jakarta.
The OJK is an autonomous agency designed to be free from any interference, having functions, duties, and powers to regulate, supervise, inspect, and investigate. The agency was established in 2011 to replace the role of Bapepam-LK in regulating and supervising the capital market and financial institutions, as well as that of Bank Indonesia in regulating and supervising banks, and to protect consumers of financial services industry.
The agency was created in 2011 under the Act No. 21 of 2011 which organised system of regulation and supervision of financial services. It replaced the functions of the Capital Market and Financial Institutions Supervisory Agency (Badan Pengawas Pasar Modal dan Lembaga Keuangan) or Bapepam-LK in short.
The Financial Services Authority was formed so that the whole activities in the financial services sector:
- are working in ordered, fair, transparent, and accountable manners;
- are able to create a financial system which grows continuously and in a stable manner; and
- are able to protect the interests of consumers and the society.
The agency investigates financial crimes.
Bank Members of Financial Services Authority (Indonesia)
NOTE: All bank have registered and Supervised by Financial Service Authority (Indonesia)
- Bank Mandiri
- Bank Central Asia
- Bank Negara Indonesia
- Bank Bukopin
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia
- Bank Permata
- Bank Mega
- Bank Nobu
- Bank Danamon
- Bank OCBC NISP
- Bank CIMB Niaga
- Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Nasional
- Bank Internasional Indonesia
- Bank Tabungan Negara
Islamic Bank Members of Financial Services Authority (Indonesia)
NOTE: All Islamic bank have registered and Supervised by Financial Service Authority (Indonesia)
- Bank Syariah Mandiri
- Bank BNI Syariah
- Bank BRI Syariah
- Bank BCA Syariah
- Bank Muamalat
- Bank Mega Syariah
- Bank Panin Syariah
- Bank Syariah Bukopin
- Home (English). Otoritas Jasa Keuangan. Retrieved on 28 March 2019. " Otoritas Jasa Keuangan, Gedung Soemitro Djojohadikusumo Jalan Lapangan Banteng Timur 2-4 Jakarta 10710 Indonesia"
- Arzia Tivany Wargadiredja (9 February 2018). "The Debt Cult That Wants to Save the World With a Mountain of Gold". Vice. Retrieved 28 March 2019.