|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2014)|
Financial management refers to the efficient and effective management of money (funds) in such a manner as to accomplish the objectives of the organization. It is the specialized function directly associated with the top management. The significance of this function is not seen in the 'Line' but also in the capacity of 'Staff' in overall of a company. It has been defined differently by different experts in the field.
The term typically applies to an organization or company's financial strategy, while personal finance or financial life management refers to an individual's management strategy. It includes how to raise the capital and how to allocate capital, i.e. capital budgeting. Not only for long term budgeting, but also how to allocate the short term resources like current liabilities. It also deals with the dividend policies of the share holders.
Definitions of Financial Management
- “Financial Management is the Operational Activity of a business that is responsible for obtaining and effectively utilizing the funds necessary for efficient operation.” by Joseph Massie
- “Business finance deals primarily with rising administering and disbursing funds by privately owned business units operating in non-financial fields of industry.”– by Kuldeep Roy
- “Financial Management is an area of financial decision making, harmonizing individual motives and enterprise goals.” By Weston and Brigham
- “Financial management is the area of business management devoted to a judicious use of capital and a careful selection of sources of capital in order to enable a business firm to move in the direction of reaching its goals.” – by J.F.Bradlery
- “Financial management is the application of the planning and control function to the finance function.” – by K.D. Willson
- “Financial management may be defined as that area or set of administrative function in an organization which relate with arrangement of cash and credit so that organization may have the means to carry out its objective as satisfactorily as possible .“ - by Howard & Opton.
- Business finance can be broadly defined as the activity concerned with planning, raising, controlling and administering of funds and in the business. “ by H.G Gathman & H.E Dougall
- Financial management is a body of business concerned with the efficient and effective use of either equity capital, borrowed cash or any other business funds as well as taking the right decision for profit maximization and value addition of an entity.- Kepher Petra; Kisii University.
- Finance management not only for the business, but also for every expenses. Like its for the home base expenses or the government expenses. The government also need to manage the finance for the develop of the counter and the household also need to manage their expenses properly - By Vinod Verma
- Managerial finance, a branch of finance concerned with the managerial significance of finance techniques
- Corporate finance, a branch of finance concerned with monetary resource allocations made by corporations
- Financial management for IT services, financial management of IT assets and resources
- Financial Planning Association, an organization for finance and economics students and professionals
- Financial Management Service, a bureau of the U.S. Treasury which provides financial services for the government
- Financial planner
- faustin.G. karamage