|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
Finberry is a new village developed to the south-east of Ashford, Kent in England. The population of the village is included in the civil parish of Mersham. The nearest existing places to the new village are Sevington to the north, Willesborough to the north-west, and Park Farm. The village was opened by the Mayor of Ashford in June 2014.
The 168 hectare development site will eventually contain 1,180 homes, making it the largest single development in Ashford since 2002. The site was originally known as Cheeseman's Green.
A "SMARTLINK" bus link is proposed between the new development and Ashford's town centre, also linking with the Orbital Business Park, Waterbrook, the Newtown Railway works, Designer Outlet and the International railway station. The scheme aims to provide journey times matching or beating car journey times and a high frequency, competitively priced reliable service.
- "Finberry". Crestnicholson.com. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "A New Village in the Garden of England". Ashford Voice.
- "Work starts on Finberry development in Ashford | Construction News". The Construction Index. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20070331085440/http://www.ashford.gov.uk/ashfords_future/master_plan/documents/smartlink.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 March 2007. Retrieved 27 October 2013. Missing or empty
- Moving to Finberry, Ashford - AshfordFor Website
|This Kent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|