Finch Bus Terminal
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||5697 Yonge Street,
|Owned by||Hydro One / Metrolinx|
|Bus operators|| GO Transit
York Region Transit
|Parking||1,683 paid spaces|
|Station code||GO Transit: FNCH|
|Fare zone||YRT Zone 1, GO Transit Zone 5|
Finch GO Bus Terminal serves York Region, Ontario, Canada, making connections to transit services in the City of Toronto. It is located at 5697 Yonge Street on the northeast corner of Bishop Avenue and Yonge Street, one block north of Finch Avenue, connected by tunnel to Finch subway station. The station facilities, although constructed by GO Transit, are within a major east-west electricity transmission corridor owned by Hydro One Networks, a provincially owned crown corporation.
An elevator and new platforms were added in mid-2005 to accommodate Viva bus rapid transit service, which York Region Transit began operating on September 4, 2005. It is the southern terminus of the Viva Blue and Viva Pink lines. New shelters were added along the south platform to replace the smaller shelters to accommodate more passengers waiting for buses at the terminal.
Platforms for GO Transit and York Region Transit remain unchanged until September 2012. The platform next to the station, formerly for GO Transit buses was rebuilt and lowered for Viva buses.
Inside is a newsstand, washrooms and indoor Viva kiosks. A set of escalators connects to the Finch TTC station across the street. A set of covered stairs on the south side of the station also connects to Finch.
The east of the platforms and next to the TTC east parking lot is a parking area for 13 standard buses (30–40 foot buses). Passenger pickups by taxis (capacity for 9 taxis) can be made from the 'Taxi Stand' on the southeast side of the station next to Bishop Avenue, an off-street driveway.
|3||YRT||91/91A Bayview, 98E Yonge Limited Express|
|4||GO Transit||19A, 19C Mississauga/North York, 27, 27A, 27C, 27F Milton Hwy. 401 Service|
|5||GO Transit||34 Pearson/North York, 67 Finch GO/Glenwoods, 92A Oshawa/Yorkdale|
|6||GO Transit||96, 96B, 96C, 96D Oshawa Hwy. 401 service|
|8||YRT||99 Yonge, 98/99 Yonge late night|
|9||GO Transit||32 Brampton Hwy. 407 Service: Northbound|
|10||YRT||77/77A Hwy. 7/Centre St.|
|11||YRT||300 Business Express, 301 Markham Express, 302 Unionville Express, 303 Bur Oak Express, 304 Mount Joy Express|
|16||YRT||23 Thornhill Woods, 760 Vaughan Mills/Wonderland|
|17||Tai Pan Tours||Tours and Casino Rama|
- GO Transit route 32 Brampton Hwy. 407 Service southbound to York Mills Bus Terminal, stop on west side of Yonge Street at Bishop Avenue.
- Tour buses also use the terminal and Bishop Avenue to pick up and drop off patrons.
- For Toronto Transit Commission bus connections, see the adjoining Finch subway station.
- Brampton Transit stopped service to Finch in 2010 with passengers transferring via York Region Transit.
- "Finch GO Bus Terminal". Stations and stops. GO Transit. Retrieved April 2015. Check date values in:
- "Our Facilities". York Region Transit/Viva. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "TATOA to get Finch terminal". The Era. 2 March 1977. p. B02. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- Safeway Tours - Fallsview Casino route
Media related to Finch Bus Terminal at Wikimedia Commons