|Directed by||Alex Gibney|
|Produced by||Alex Gibney|
Finding Fela is a 2014 documentary film by Oscar-winning director Alex Gibney, portraying and analysing the life of pioneering musician Fela Kuti. The film had its world premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2014.
Finding Fela received mixed reviews from critics. Geoffrey Berkshire of Variety, said in his review: "This watchable but rather rote chronicle fails to find a compelling perspective on Kuti's significant life and legacy." David Rooney of The Hollywood Reporter praised the film by describing it as "An absorbing if not quite definitive patchwork of the life and legacy of an unorthodox artist."
- Katie Van Syckle (24 January 2014). "'Finding Fela' Brings Afrobeat to Sundance". Rolling Stone. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: Documentary Premieres". IndieWire. 10 January 2014. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Finding Fela listing at Sundance Film Festival 2014.
- Ashley Clark, "The art of reckoning: Alex Gibney on Finding Fela", BFI, 18 November 2016.
- Geoff Berkshire (12 February 2014). "Film Review: 'Finding Fela'". Variety. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- David Rooney (29 January 2014). "Finding Fela: Sundance Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song", Wall Street International, 15 October 2015.
- "West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song", Sound and vision blog, British Library, 26 October 2015.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|