|Census-designated place (CDP) and Unincorporated community|
within Crystal Bay Township, Lake County
|• Total||5.422 sq mi (14.04 km2)|
|• Land||5.400 sq mi (13.99 km2)|
|• Water||0.022 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||1,329 ft (405 m)|
|• Density||36/sq mi (14/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||656231|
State Highway 1, County Road 6, and County Road 7 are three of the main routes in the community.
The community is located within the Finland State Forest in Lake County.
Finland is home to a community center, one Lutheran church, (which was apparently struck by lightning on 6 July, 2013 and burned down), a post office, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, and the Organic Consumer's Association.
Local business establishments include a gas station, a motel, four bars, and a cooperative general store.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Finland, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Lake County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Warren Upham (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 294.