Finland–South Africa relations
Finnish-South African relations are foreign relations between Finland and South Africa. Diplomatic relations established May 15, 1949. A South African legation was established in 1967 and relations were then upgraded to ambassadorial level in March 1991. Finland has an embassy in Pretoria, a general consulate in Johannesburg and a consulate in Cape Town. South Africa has an embassy in Helsinki. During World War II South Africa declared war on Finland.
In 2008 South Africa and Finland signed a cooperation agreement to support biosciences projects in the Southern African Development Community.
South Africa exports to Finland fresh and dried fruits, wine, pulp, paper, iron, steel and coal. South Africa imports telecommunication equipment, paper, board products, and machinery from Finland.
- Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs about relations with South Africa
- South African Department of Foreign Affairs about relations with Finland
- "Finland". South Africa. Retrieved 2009-05-21.
Diplomatic relations were re-established in 1949. A South African legation was established in 1967 and relations were upgraded to ambassadorial level in March 1991. Finland and South Africa enjoy excellent relations and a Declaration of Intent was signed in June 2000 to facilitate bilateral consultations between South Africa and Finland.
- The Nordic countries and Africa. Nordic Africa Institute. 2002. ISBN 91-7106-505-9.
From 1966 to 1987 when the Parliament of Finland unanimously adopted the South Africa Act prohibiting trade with South Africa the history of Finnish-South ...
- "Southern Africa: Country and Finland Partner to Support Biosciences Initiatives in SADC". All Africa. December 11, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-21.
South Africa and Finland have signed a cooperation agreement to support biosciences projects in the Southern African Development Community
- Finland and national liberation in Southern Africa. Nordic Africa Institute. 1999. ISBN 91-7106-431-1.
- Politics on paper: Finland's South Africa policy, 1945-1991. Nordic Africa Institute. 1992. ISBN 91-7106-326-9.
|This Finland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about South African politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|