Jones at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
24 March 1988
London, England, United Kingdom
Finn Jones (born Terence Jones; 24 March 1988) is an English actor, best known for his role as Loras Tyrell in the HBO series Game of Thrones. He currently portrays Danny Rand in the Netflix television shows Iron Fist, The Defenders, and Luke Cage, which are set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In October 2009, Jones played Jamie, a young man who found love with Hannah Ashworth in the second series of Hollyoaks Later. Later, he returned to the Hollyoaks village to tie in with Emma Rigby's (Hannah Ashworth) departure in February 2010.
In January 2010, Jones appeared in the 11th series of Doctors. On 1 and 8 April 2010, he appeared in two episodes of The Bill playing Commander Lisa Kennedy's (played by Julie Graham) son Mark Kennedy, who was accused of murder. In the same month he finished filming for a new online drama called The Curfew commissioned by Channel 4 and produced by BAFTA award-winning company LittleLoud Productions.
Jones also played Santiago Jones in the Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures in the story Death of the Doctor alongside Katy Manning as former Doctor Who companion Jo Grant and Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor.
On 19 June 2010 it was announced that Jones would be appearing in Game of Thrones, the HBO adaptation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novel series, as Ser Loras Tyrell. He also had a small role in the 2012 horror film Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines.
In 2014, he starred in two films, Sleeping Beauty and The Last Showing. It was reported in February 2016, that Jones was cast as Danny Rand for the Marvel Television/Netflix series, Iron Fist, set within the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. In March 2016, Marvel officially confirmed that Jones was cast as Danny Rand. Jones reprised the role of Danny Rand in The Defenders and the second season of Luke Cage.
In December 2015, Jones assisted Oxfam campaigners in raising money for their appeal to support Syrian refugees, by singing carols at a shopping centre in Islington. He appeared alongside Jeremy Corbyn, the Leader of the Labour Party, and later voiced his support for Corbyn in a post on Instagram.
|2012||Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines||Teddy||Direct to video|
|The Last Showing||Martin|
|2009||Hollyoaks Later||Jamie||5 episodes|
|The Sarah Jane Adventures||Santiago Jones||2 episodes|
|The Bill||Mark Kennedy|
|2010–11||Doctors||Tristan Bentley / Tim Hebdon|
|2011–16||Game of Thrones||Loras Tyrell||21 episodes|
|2015||Life in Squares||Julian Bell||3 episodes|
|2017–present||Iron Fist||Danny Rand / Iron Fist||Lead role|
|2017||The Defenders||8 episodes|
|2018–present||Luke Cage||Episode: "The Main Ingredient"|
- "This Santiago is far from Chile – Sarah Jane Adventures Gay Spy Blog – Gay Spy". Digital Spy. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "About Finn". FinnJones.co.uk. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "'Later' character joins 'Hollyoaks' – Hollyoaks News – Soaps". Digital Spy. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "POTD: Jamie and Hannah resolve to start afresh – Hollyoaks News – Soaps". Digital Spy. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Reaction: Elisabeth Sladen 1948–2011 – Doctor Who News – Showbiz". Digital Spy. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Not A Blog – George R. R. Martin's Livejournal blog". Archived from the original on 22 June 2010. Retrieved 20 June 2010.
- Hibberd, James (25 February 2016). "Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones to play Iron Fist". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on 25 February 2016. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Strom, Marc (17 March 2016). "Finn Jones to Star in the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Iron Fist'". Marvel Comics. Archived from the original on 17 March 2016. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Adam Withnall (6 December 2015). "Jeremy Corbyn dons Santa hat to raise money for refugees after following Syria air strikes debate loss". The Independent.
- Finn Jones (6 December 2015). "Finnstagram on Instagram: "Just popped down to the local supermarket to pick up some washing powder and I get recruited into singing Silent Night with Jeremy Corbyn, he was out raising money for refugees with @oxfamgb ..Surreal and Hilarious. Great to meet the man and pledge my support for his claim to the throne!"". Instagram.