|Born||27 May 1959|
|Died||14 February 2015 (aged 55)|
|Education||cand.phil., University of Copenhagen, 1991|
Finn Nørgaard (27 May 1959 – 14 February 2015) was a Danish filmmaker who was involved in several documentary and feature films.
Nørgaard was a photographer for the 1983 Danish detective film Adam Hart i Sahara and editor of the 1986 Danish documentary film Soul to soul. He served as producer for Kun for forrykte, a 1988 documentary film about Eik Skaløe and Steppeulvene. He worked behind the camera as clapper loader in Peter Eszterhás' 1989 film En afgrund af frihed.
From 1989 until 2001 Nørgaard worked at DR (Danish Broadcasting Corporation). In 2001 he became co-owner of Filmselskabet (Film Company). During this period he is also credited as assistant camera in the 1992 German film Die Terroristen! and made an appearance as a bodyguard in Thomas Borch Nielsen's 1998 film Skyggen (Webmaster).
In 2004 he directed the documentary film Boomerang Drengen(Boomerang Boy) and was responsible for production of documentary films about the Lê Lê restaurant chain: Lê Lê - De jyske vietnamesere from 2008.
In 2009, for TV 2, Nørgaard directed and produced En anden vej: Historien om fire nydanskere og en koncernchef, which followed former Tryg-CEO Stine Bosse and four young immigrants to Denmark with a criminal background on a pilgrimage to El Camino.
Finn Nørgaard was killed on 14 February 2015 by a 22-year-old Danish-born Muslim of Palestinian descent during a discussion meeting titled "Art, Blasphemy, and Freedom of Expression" organized by the Lars Vilks Committee and held at the Krudttønden culture center in Østerbro. Finn Nørgaard was killed while trying to stop the perpetrator. The perpetrator shot with an assault rifle from close range. In the same incident two PET bodyguards and a police officer were wounded.
- "Finn Nørgaard". Danish Film Institute. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Mathiessen, Per; Pedersen, Annelise; Svensson, Thomas Gösta; Kloster, Christian (15 February 2015). "Den myrdede var kendt filminstruktør" [The murdered was famous film director] (in Danish). Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Finn Nørgaard". IMDb. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Copenhagen shootings: Slain filmmaker made documentary about Australian boomerang champion". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Bossen og bøllerne" [The boss and the bandits]. Filmselskabet.com (in Danish). Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Jensen, Marie Joo Kim; Søndberg, Astrid; Lauridtsen, Jan (15 February 2015). "Dræbt ved terrorangreb var filminstruktør" [Killed in terrorist attack was film director] (in Danish). TV 2. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Dræbt var filminstruktør: "Et generøst og kærligt menneske"" [The killed film director: "A generous and lovable human"]. avisen.dk (in Danish). 15 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Andersen, Lars K. (15 February 2015). "FINN NØRGAARD 1959 – 2015". Bongorama. Retrieved 15 February 2015. – Obituary
- Jakob Stig Jørgensen; Hans Drachmann; Emilie Kleding Rasmussen (2015-02-14). "Skudoffer på Krudttønden blev skudt på klos hold" [Krudttønden shooting victim shot at close range]. Politiken. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Finn Nørgaard in the film database danskefilm.dk (in Danish)