Bergslagstorget in central Finspång
|• Total||8.18 km2 (3.16 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2010)|
|• Density||1,521/km2 (3,940/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Finspång is a traditional industrial town. The first industries were established in 1580 when a Royal factory for cannon and cannon balls was chartered. The industry was to continue for 300 years under supervision of the Walloon/Dutch family De Geer. Anders Qvarfordt was employed by Count Louise de Geer. His assignment was "to lodge and feed the Count de Geers Vallon blacksmiths". Finspång Castle was built by Louis Gerhard De Geer (1622-1695), and around it industries and an orangery developed into the town of Finspång. Today the two main industrial areas are those of turbines and metal processing.
- Dan Swanö
- Pär Arvidsson
- Bengt Baron
- Liselotte Neumann, golfer. Winner of 25 professional golf tournaments
- Bertil Andersson, leading academic leader
The following sports clubs are located in Finspång Municipality:
- "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2005 och 2010" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 14 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- ""Släkten Qvarfordt 1580-2010" in English". Qvarfordt Family Chronicle. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Ystävyyskunnat" (PDF) (in Finnish). Pohjola-Norden. Retrieved 7 May 2012.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Finspång.|
- Finspångs kommun - Official site
|This article about a location in Östergötland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|