|Birth name||Fiona Eileen Flanagan|
September 13, 1961 |
Phillipsburg, New Jersey, U.S.
|Genres||Glam metal, hard rock|
Wounded Bird Records
Life On The Moon Records
Fiona Eileen Flanagan (born September 13, 1961), known by the stage name Fiona, is an American rock music singer-songwriter and actress best known as the love interest in the 1987 Bob Dylan vehicle, Hearts of Fire.
At the age of 18, she moved to New York City where she began her career as a singer in several bands. In the mid-1980s, she was signed to Atlantic Records. Her self titled debut album was released in 1985. The album peaked at #71 on that year's Billboard 200 chart and remained charted for a week. The album's sole single, "Talk to Me", reached #12 and #64 on Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and Hot 100 charts respectively. That same year, she also guested on Aldo Nova's Twitch Around this time, Fiona made her acting debut in the Jan 31, 1986 Miami Vice second season episode "Little Miss Dangerous".
Her second album, Beyond the Pale, was released in 1986. That album spawned two singles: "Hopelessly Love You" and "Living In a Boy's World". In 1987, Fiona starred opposite Bob Dylan in the musical drama Hearts of Fire. Fiona sings the film's title track which appears on the film's soundtrack, along with four previously unreleased songs by Fiona. Her third album, Heart Like a Gun, was released in 1989. That album also yielded two singles, "Where the Cowboys Go" and "Everything You Do (You're Sexing Me)", a duet with Kip Winger. She has since released two additional albums, 1992's Squeeze and 2011's Unbroken.
Fiona was once married to producer Beau Hill, who produced, played some instruments on and sang backing vocals on some of her albums. She was also in a relationship with guitarist Reb Beach of Winger who likewise performed on her album Beyond the Pale.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|1984||"Love Makes You Blind"||—||—||No Small Affair (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|1985||"Talk to Me"||64||12||Fiona|
|1986||"Living in a Boy's World"||—||—||Beyond the Pale|
|"Hopelessly Love You"||—||—|
|1989||"Everything You Do (You're Sexing Me)"||52||22||Heart Like a Gun|
|1990||"Where the Cowboys Go"||—||—|
|"Little Jeannie (Got the Look of Love)"||—||—|
|1992||"Ain't That Just Like Love"||—||—||Squeeze|
- Gehman, Geoff. "FIONA: P'BURG NATIVE'S BIG VOICE FINDS A HOT SPOT ON ROCK CHARTS", The Morning Call, April 5, 1985. Accessed March 14, 2011. "All this is heady stuff for a bouncy spry 23-year-old from Phillipsburg N.J."
- Bush, John. "Fiona Biography". allmusic.com. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "Fiona - Fiona". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "Fiona - Fiona : Awards". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "Talk to Me - Fiona". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- Gilbert, Jessica (March 23, 2012). "Interview with Fiona Flanagan". talentspotlightmagazine.net. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Rebbeach.com Retrieved on May 7, 2007
- "Fiona - Fiona : Awards". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2015-21-09.