22 May 1980 |
York, North Yorkshire, England
|Residence||Tampa, Florida, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Northumbria University|
|Occupation||EVP at InvestCloud, Former British Diplomat, HM Consul and Regional Director, UK Trade and Investment|
|Years active||2001 –2014|
|Spouse(s)||Eric H François (2006-present)|
Fiona Jane François (born Fiona Jane Mackay, 22 May 1980) was HM Consul and Director for the Western Region of UK Trade & Investment’s US Network.
Born in York, North Yorkshire, she studied Economics, Politics and Sociology at the University of Northumbria at Newcastle upon Tyne where she graduated with honours before joining Her Majesty's service. In 2009 Fiona François was appointed HM Consul and Director for the Western Region of UK Trade & Investment’s US Network. Based at the British Consulate-General in Los Angeles, Fiona managed the Trade and Investment teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Houston, advising US companies looking to expand their operations in Europe and supporting UK companies doing business in the US. UKTI focuses on a broad range of sectors including: Energy; Life Sciences; Technology, Financial and Professional Business Services, Advanced Engineering and Aerospace and, Creative Industries.
Brits Give Back
Business Innovation Awards
Fiona François created the first ever UKTI / Britweek Business Innovation Awards in 2010 for Businesses with joint operations in the UK and California to be recognized for their achievements in innovation before an audience of elite international commercial players, as well as the wider California business community. François shortlists finalist in each category to be judged by renowned business leaders. Past judges were, Andy Bird Chairman of Walt Disney International, Ian Callum Design Director for Jaguar, Carlos Amezcua, Co-Anchor Fox 11 News and Sir Ken Robinson Internationally Renowned Creativity Expert. Past honored speakers were Simon Cowell, Nigel Lythgoe and Frank Mottek.
British American Business Council
L.A. Business Journal's "Women Making A Difference" Awards
In 2013 François was one of the top 5 finalists for the L.A. Business Journal’s “Women Making A Difference” Awards. Fiona was one of 252 nominees for the 2013 Awards in the "Rising Star" category.
- (2002-2004) Policy Advisor for the Scottish Government
- (2004–2008) Senior Policy Advisor for The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS)
- (2007–2008) Policy Advisor for HM Tresaury
- (2008 2009) Senior Policy Advisor for The Department for International Development (DFID)
- (2009 to 2014) HM Consul and Regional Director UKTI West Coast
- (2009 to present) Appointed to the Board of Britweek
- (2009 to present) Distinguished member of the British American Business Council, Los Angeles Chapter
- (2012 to 2014) Foreign Direct Investment Director for UK Trade and Investment USA Network
- (2013 to present) Member of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Los Angeles
- (2014 to present) Executive Vice President at InvestCloud
Publications and Presentations
- (April, 2010) Organizer and Speaker, Britweek and UKTI Business Innovation Awards in Beverly Hills, California
- (April, 2011) Organizer and Speaker, Britweek and UKTI Business Innovation Award at the Fairmont San Francisco Hotel, as part of the 2011 BABC Conference.
- (March, 2012) Honored Guest Speaker, British American Business Council Pacific North West Annual General Meeting in Seattle, WA
- (April, 2012) Organizer and Speaker, Britweek and UKTI Business Innovation Awards in Beverly Hills, California
- (April, 2013) Organizer and Speaker, Britweek and UKTI Business Innovation Awards in Beverly Hills, California
- https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organ i sations/uk-trade-investment-in-the-usa