|Born||Fiona Elizabeth Fullerton
10 October 1956
|Occupation||Actress, singer, businesswoman|
|Years active||1969–2006, 2013–present|
|Spouse(s)||Simon MacCorkindale (m. 1976; div. 1981)
Neil Shackell (m. 1994)
Fiona Elizabeth Fullerton (born 10 October 1956) is a Nigerian-born British actress and singer.
Early life and career
An only child, Fullerton lived with her parents in Singapore, Germany, the United States, and Nigeria. After weekly ballet lessons, at the age of 9 she was accepted into Elmhurst Ballet School in Camberley, Surrey as a boarder. She made her film acting debut at the age of 12 in 1969 with a role in Run Wild, Run Free. Subsequent credits included: Nicholas and Alexandra in scenes filmed in Spain (as Anastasia), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (as Alice) at the age of 15 and The Human Factor.
On television, she became an original cast member on the BBC hospital drama Angels in 1975, before moving on to appear in serials such as The Charmer, Hold the Dream and To Be the Best. In 1982, she starred on the West End stage as Guinevere in the musical Camelot, alongside Richard Harris.
She is now a landlady with properties in London and Oxford, and is a brand ambassador for 'RatedPeople.com.
In 2013, Fullerton was one of the celebrities in BBC TV's Strictly Come Dancing.
Strictly Come Dancing
|Week No.||Dance/Song||Judges' score||Result|
|Craig Revel Horwood||Darcey Bussell||Len Goodman||Bruno Tonioli||Total|
|1||Tango – "A View to a Kill"||5||6||7||6||24||None|
|2||Cha Cha Cha – "Beggin'"||6||6||5||5||22||Safe|
|3||Waltz – "True Love"||7||7||7||7||28||Safe|
|4||Rumba – "World of Our Own"||4||6||6||6||22||Safe|
|5||Quickstep – "If My Friends Could See Me Now"||7||7||8||8||30||Safe|
|6||Charleston – "Jeepers Creepers"||6||7||8||7||28||Safe|
|7||Paso Doble – "Song 2"||5||7||7||7||26||Safe|
|8||American Smooth – "Come Fly with Me"||6||7||8||8||29||Eliminated|
She is the daughter of Bernard and Pamela (née Crook) Fullerton and she was married to actor Simon MacCorkindale in 1976 at the age of nineteen, but the marriage ended in divorce in 1981. She then spent thirteen years living and working in London. She met Neil Shackell and the couple married shortly after meeting in 1994, and now live in the Cotswolds with his son James and their daughter Lucy (born 1995).
TV and Filmography
- Run Wild, Run Free (1969) as Diana
- Nicholas and Alexandra (1971) as Anastasia Romanov
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1972) as Alice
- Angels as Patricia Rutherford (TV) (13 episodes, 1975–1976)
- Dick Barton: Special Agent as Virginia Marley (TV) (1 episode, 1979)
- A Question of Faith (1979)
- The Human Factor (1979) as Elizabeth
- Gauguin the Savage (1980) (TV) as Rachel
- The Ibiza Connection (1984) (TV) as Jane Veradi
- A View to a Kill (1985) as Pola Ivanova
- Shaka Zulu (1986) (TV) as Elizabeth Farewell
- Hold the Dream (1986) (TV) as Sky Smith
- A Hazard of Hearts (1987) (TV) as Lady Isabel Gillingham
- The Charmer (1987) TV mini-series as Clarice Mannors (6 episodes)
- Shaka Zulu (1987) as Elizabeth Farewell
- A Taste for Death (1988) as Lady Barbara Berowne (6 episodes, 1988)
- Hemingway (1988) TV mini-series as Lady Duff Twysden
- Eine Frau namens Harry (1990) as Catherine
- A Ghost in Monte Carlo (1990) (TV) as Lady Violet
- The Secret Life of Ian Fleming (1990) (TV) as Lady Caroline
- The Bogie Man (1992) (TV)
- Sweating Bullets as Claire (1 episode, 1992)
- To Be the Best (1992) (TV) as Madelena
- Diggity: A Home at Last (2001) as Felicia
- Masterchef (2013) as herself
- Strictly Come Dancing series 11 (2013) as herself (Voted out week 8 of a 13-week run)
- Fiona Fullerton personal biography. Retrieved 8 September 2013
- Post your job. "Rated People Blog | The home improvement portalRated People Blog". Blog.ratedpeople.com. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Sewards, Lisa (11 May 2002). "Simon MacCorkindale: Why I need time away from Susan". Daily Mail.
- The Lady – England's Oldest Weekly Magazine for Women
- "fiona fullerton | gallery". Leninimports.com. Retrieved 28 September 2013.