|Born||Fiona Elizabeth Keet-Gaunt
14 May 1951
Fiona Gaunt (née Fiona Elizabeth Keet-Gaunt; born 25 May 1951) is an English actress, and the mother of actress Genevieve Gaunt.
Gaunt was born in London. At the age of eighteen, she moved to the Netherlands. In 1985, she met Dutch actor Frederik de Groot. Their daughter, Genevieve, was born in 1991.
Fiona Gaunt played opposite Anthony Hopkins as Hélène Kuragina, wife of Pierre Bezukhov in the BBC's 1972 production of War and Peace. She starred as psychiatrist Helen Smith in the 1973 British science fiction television programme Moonbase 3. In order to prepare for the role as Smith, Gaunt studied tapes of the Apollo missions.
Gaunt appeared in a 1973 episode of the comedy series Sykes as a flirty upper class girl who tricked Eric Sykes' character into an engagement, which was scuppered by her father player by Ballard Berkeley. She also starred as Grace Lovell in the 1978 TV adaptation of A Horseman Riding By. She was also in the first production of Undiscovered Country by Tom Stoppard in 1979.
|1978||TV Series||A Horseman Riding By||Grace Lovell.|
|1973||TV Series||Moonbase 3||Dr. Helen Smith.|
|1973||TV Series||The Two Ronnies.||Various roles.|
|1973||TV Series||Sykes: An Engagement.|
|1973||TV Series||Justice: Malicious Damage||Diana Blumenthal|
|1972||TV Series||War and Peace.||Hélène Kuragina.|
- "Saturday Television". The Pantagraph (Bloomington, Illinois). 15 October 1977. Retrieved 25 May 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Butler, Andrew M. (2012). Solar Flares: Science Fiction in the 1970s. Liverpool University Press. p. 41. ISBN 9781781387986.
- Rolinson 2010, p. 79.
- Rolinson 2010, p. 88.
- Terrace, Vincent (1985). Encyclopedia of Television Series, Pilots and Specials. 2. New York Zoetrope. p. 197. ISBN 0918432618.
- Stoppard, Tom (2000). Plays 4: Dalliance, Undiscovered Country, Rough Crossing, The Seagull. Faber Contemporary Classics. ISBN 9780571197507.
- "The Two Ronnies". BBC. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Listings". Genome. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "TV Movie Tips". Independent Press-Telegram. 25 November 1973. Retrieved 25 May 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Educational TV". Kingsport News. 5 January 1974. Retrieved 25 May 2016 – via Newspaper Archive.
- "Cousin Bette". Genome. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Rolinson, Dave (2010). "Moonbase 3 and the Limitations of Reality in Apollo-era Television SF". Science Fiction Film and Television. 3 (1): 79–92. Retrieved 25 May 2016 – via Project MUSE. (subscription required (. ))
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Fiona Gaunt|