||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Born||Julia Rosamund Harrison
March 2, 1945
Hilborough, Norfolk, England
|Other names||Amber Harrison|
Fiona Richmond (born March 2, 1945, Hilborough, Norfolk, England) is a former glamour model and actress. She is the daughter of the Reverend John Harrison. Born Julia Rosamund Harrison, she became a British sex symbol in the 1970s for her appearances in numerous risqué plays, comedy revues, magazines and films.
She made her film debut (billed under the name Amber Harrison) in Not Tonight Darling (1971), which led to larger roles in the X-rated movies Exposé (1976), Hardcore (1977) and Let's Get Laid (1977). Her later film roles included the Queen of France in History of the World, Part 1 (1981), and Fiona the KGB agent in the all-star black comedy Eat The Rich (1987). She also recorded the spoken word album Frankly Fiona in 1973, in collaboration with Anthony Newley. She is a former girlfriend of the late UK impresario Paul Raymond.
Fiona Richmond has published a number of fictional and autobiographical books based on her sex experiences, including Fiona (1976), Story of I (1978), On the Road (1979), Galactic Girl (1980), Remember Paris (1980), Good, the Bad and the Beautiful (1980), From Here to Virginity (1981), In Depth (1982) and Tell Tale Tits (1987). Her last appearances in showbiz were in the 1990s, including guest spots on James Randi: Psychic Investigator (1991), The Truth About Women (1992), and as an uncredited extra in The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous (1997).
Following Paul Raymond's death March 2, 2008, she gave a rare interview to the Daily Mirror about her former employer and lover:
- "We had fabulous times touring the world looking for acts for the Raymond Revue bar…. (Paul Raymond) had a boat on the south of France called Veste Demitte. The closest translation from the Latin is 'Get ‘Em Off....' He was one of the last great showmen. Everyone today is just so much more boring."
Richmond now divides her time between her two hotels, Petit Bacaye Cottage Hotel in Grenada and the Onion Store Hotel in Romsey, Hampshire, which she owns with her current partner Peter Pilbrow, a former pig farmer. She had married TV producer James Montgomery in 1983, and was divorced in 1998 (one daughter, Tara, born 1984). She retains her married name.
- Not Tonight Darling (1971)
- Barry McKenzie Holds His Own (1974)
- Exposé (1976)
- Hardcore (1977)
- Let's Get Laid (1977)
- History of the World, Part 1 (1981)
- Eat The Rich (1987
- "Person Page 26112, Julia Rosamund Harrison". thePeerage.com. Lundy, Darryl. January 21, 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Webster, Nick (March 8, 2008). "70s porn queen Fiona Richmond on her lover Paul Raymond". Mirror.co.uk. The Daily Mirror (UK). Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Petit Bacaye Cottage Hotel & Restaurant".
- "The Onion Store Hotel".
Keeping the British End Up: Four Decades of Saucy Cinema by Simon Sheridan (fourth edition) (Titan Publishing, London) (2011)
- Fiona Richmond and Paul Raymond ultimate memorabilia website at www.fionarichmond.co.uk
- Fiona Richmond at the Internet Movie Database