|Location||Fiorano Modenese, Italy|
|Time zone||GMT +1|
|Length||2.997 km (1.862 mi)|
|Race lap record||0:55.999 (Michael Schumacher, Ferrari F2004, 2004)|
Built in 1972, it was originally 8.4 metres (27.6 ft) wide and 3000 metres (1.86 miles) long. In 1992, a chicane was added making it 3021 metres (1.88 miles) long, then in 1996 a new renovated track was introduced (a fast bend to replace a sharp corner at the end of the pit straight) which shortened the total length by 24 metres (0.02 miles). The average F1 lap speed is over 160 km/h (99 mph) and the F1 top speed is 290 km/h (180 mph). As Fiorano is a testing track, it has a wide range of corner types, with corner diameters between 370 metres (1,213.9 ft) and 13.71 metres (45.0 ft). Thus Ferrari is able to simulate corner and track types of other Grand Prix circuits.
The track is equipped with telemetry sensors and a large skidpad for tyre testing. In 2001 an irrigation system using rain collected in eight cisterns was installed to simulate wet track conditions. When Scuderia Ferrari are testing a F1 car at the track, it is common to see Tifosi watching the test from the roadside, which is the closest point from which the track is viewable to the public.
Ferrari customers are allowed to test drive new cars at the Fiorano circuit. The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano is named after this track.
In the 16 years from the time the track opened until his death in 1988, Enzo Ferrari would either sit in his house which was located at the circuit and listen to, or actually sit track side and watch his beloved scarlet Formula One cars testing. Legend has it that this was actually the real reason that the "old man" had the circuit built, so he could enjoy his cars and his drivers without the presence of other F1 cars or the press. In reality Ferrari made the decision of building his own testing track when he realised that the Modena Autodrome could no longer serve this purpose.
Ogni singolo pezzo della pista, deve poter mettere a dura prova il comportamento dinamico dell'auto in modo tale da rendere facile l'individuazione dei problemi di ogni macchina. Da questo momento in poi, voglio che nessuna Ferrari affronti la pista o la produzione di serie senza che abbia superato a pieni voti l'esame Fiorano.
Every single part of the track, must be able to put to the test the dynamic behavior of the car in such a way that makes easy the identification of the problems of every car. From this moment on, I don't want any Ferrari to tackle the track or address mass-production without passing the Fiorano test with flying colours.
Fiorano Circuit record lap times
This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fiorano in video games
|Simulation / Video Game||Year||Fiorano|
|Project CARS 2||2017|
|Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends||2012|
|Ferrari Virtual Academy||2010|
|Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli||2008|
|Ferrari GT: Evolution||2008|||
|Ferrari F355 Challenge||1999|
|Ferrari Formula One||1988|||
|F1 Challenge 99-02||2003|||
- Citato in Nel 1972 una svolta: nasce la pista di Fiorano, I sessant'anni Ferrari, 11a puntata, Repubblica.it.
- ""Calderon less than three seconds from Schumacher's Fiorano record"". MaxF1.net. 19 November 2018.
- ""Ferrari 599XX Evolution"". Evo.co.uk. Dennis Publishing. 1 December 2011.
- ""Ferrari's 860bhp FXX Evo"". Evo.co.uk. Dennis Publishing. 22 November 2007.
- ""Ferrari Unveils FXX Evolution Package"". MotorAuthority.com. High Gear Media. 29 October 2007.
- ""Ferrari Announces 599 HGTE Package And 599XX Experimental Car"". MotorAuthority.com. High Gear Media. 3 March 2009.
- "Ferrari F8 Tributo debuts in Geneva and offers Pista performance with GTB usability". Evo. 6 March 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones". Gameloft. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "Ferrari Formula One for Amiga (1988)". MobyGames. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "Electronic Arts Deutschland - Spiele von EA für PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2". Electronic-arts.de. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pista di Fiorano.|
- Circuito di Fiorano - from Comune di Fiorano Modenese
- Fiorano lap records
- ApocalX maps, via Google Earth
- Satellite picture by Google Maps