Fiorentini in Teresa the Thief (1973)
10 April 1920|
|Died||27 March 2003
Fiorenzo Fiorentini (10 April 1920 – 27 March 2003) was an Italian actor, author, composer, screenwriter and radio personality.
Life and career
Born in Rome, Fiorentini began his career as an author and radio actor, creating many successful macchiette (i.e. comic monologues caricaturing stock characters). He made his stage debut in 1954, in the revue Tutto fa Broadway. He later focused his stage activity on plays and shows related to Roman culture, often collaborating with Mario Scaccia. In 1980 he founded the Ettore Petrolini Study Centre in Rome.
Fiorentini appeared in numerous films, mostly comedies, sometimes even collaborating on the screenplays. He was also a television author and actor, a singer and a successful composer. He died from the after-effects of a cerebral hemorrhage.
- Anthony of Padua (1949)
- Viva il cinema! (1952)
- I pinguini ci guardano (1956)
- Parigi o cara (1962)
- Carmen di Trastevere (1962)
- Gli onorevoli (1963)
- The Monk of Monza (1963)
- Lo scippo (1965)
- How We Robbed the Bank of Italy (1966)
- Il profeta (1968)
- The Black Sheep (1968)
- La ragazza del prete (1970)
- Er Più – storia d'amore e di coltello (1971)
- Teresa the Thief (1973)
- La Tosca (1973)
- Farfallon (1974)
- Last Feelings (1978)
- L'assistente sociale tutto pepe (1981)
- La Storia (1986)
- The Missing (1999)
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gli attori. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402131.
- Felice Cappa; Piero Gelli; Marco Mattarozzi. Dizionario dello spettacolo del '900. Baldini & Castoldi, 1998. ISBN 8880892959.
- "Addio a Fiorenzo Fiorentini il trasformista del teatro". La Repubblica. 2 March 2003. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|