||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Firas Bushnaq, a serial entrepreneur, co-founded eEye Digital Security in 1997 and currently serves as the company's Executive Chairman. He previously served as chief executive officer and chief technology officer. Bushnaq's founding of eEye continued a successful run of startups, listed below.
Bushnaq was a contributing author to Inside the Minds: Security Matters, which discusses strategic approaches for establishing, protecting and ensuring security.
Bushnaq has a BS in Computer Science and a Masters in Software Engineering from National University in Los Angeles.
- 1989 Founder and Sysop of WinSIG BBS, a southern California bulletin board system focused on Windows software and development.
- 1990 Founder and CEO of WinWare Inc. publishers of Visual Help, Objective Desktop and a few other software applications.
- 1992 Software Engineer and Technical Director for Berkeley Systems (BSI), Developers of Multimedia, Entertainment and Gaming software.
- 1996 Founder and CEO of eCompany Inc. Developers of Avataro, a web hosting and content management platform. (eCompany was the incubator of eEye Digital Security).
- 1997 Co-Founder, CEO and CTO of eEye Digital Security. Developers of Retina, Blink, Iris, SecureIIS and REM security products.
- 2006 Co-Founder and CEO Boxador Inc. A technology Incubator based in West Hollywood California.
- 2007 Co-Founder of BrandBucket, A lean Branding and commerce marketplace.
- 2008 Co-Founder of Setster Inc, An online scheduling solution for Omni-Channel.
- 2011 Co-Founder of Wazala, an online e-commerce SaaS.
- 2012 Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of Orbitera, a Cloud Channel Management SaaS.
Bushnaq left his position as CEO and CTO of eEye in June 2006 to start Boxador Inc., an internet startup incubator.