Firbolg (Dungeons & Dragons)
|Source books||3.5E Monster Manual II, 3E Monster Manual 1, Monstrous Compendium Annual 1, 2E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting|
The firbolg appeared in the second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and in the Monstrous Manual (1993) under the "giant" entry. The firbolg appeared as a player character race in The Complete Book of Humanoids (1993). The firbolg of the Forgotten Realms setting was detailed in Giantcraft (1995).
The firbolg appeared in the third edition Monster Manual II (2002).
The firbolg appeared in the fourth edition Monster Manual 2 (2009).
A firbolg is a reclusive giant that prefers to avoid contact with other sentient races. Amongst their own kind, they live in colonies, which are usually found in forests or caverns and watched by guard towers. Although they do farm, they prefer a more hunter-gatherer lifestyle, rather than the brigand/raider lifestyle of many other giants.
A firbolg is usually neutral in alignment. Firbolgs resemble humans, and men sport great, thick beards. Their skin is pink, and their hair, though it comes in many colors, is usually either red or blonde.
Firbolgs primarily worship the goddess Hiatea.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II. TSR, 1983
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two. TSR, 1989
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual. TSR, 1993
- Slavicsek, Bill. The Complete Book of Humanoids. TSR, 1993
- Winninger, Ray. Giantcraft. TSR, 1995
- Bonny, Ed, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter. Monster Manual II. Wizards of the Coast, 2002
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to the Forgotten Realms is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|