Fire Emblem: Three Houses
|Fire Emblem: Three Houses|
|Release||July 26, 2019|
Fire Emblem: Three Houses[a] is an upcoming tactical role-playing video game for the Nintendo Switch. The game is the sixteenth main title in the Fire Emblem series and the first on a home console since 2007's Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and as such features more detailed graphics. The game focuses on four protagonists: the teacher, Byleth, and three students and heirs of their countries, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude.
It is scheduled for a worldwide release on July 26, 2019.
The game takes place on the continent of Fódlan. The landmass is divided into three rival nations who are now at peace: the Adrestian Empire to the south and west, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus to the north, and the Leicester Alliance to the east. At the center of the continent is the Garegg Mach monastery, home of the Church of Seiros and its Officer's Academy. The academy comprises three houses, each populated with students from their respective nations: The Black Eagles, Blue Lions or Golden Deer.
The player assumes the role of Byleth, and may choose their name and gender. Once part of a mercenary group led by their father Jeralt, Byleth is offered a position to teach at the academy after an unexpected incident. Byleth begins to see Sothis, a mysterious girl only they can see.
Nintendo first announced that a Fire Emblem game was in development for the Nintendo Switch in January 2017 during a Nintendo Direct focused on the series. At that time, an expected release date of 2018 was given for the then-unnamed game. They did not release any further information about the game until a presentation at E3 2018. By this point, the stated release had slipped back into Spring 2019, but the game's name was announced and video footage shown. On February 2019, the game was showcased in another Nintendo Direct displaying new game and story details including a second delay with the game's release date falling on July 26, 2019 and the confirmation that the game is to be co-developed by Koei Tecmo.
Polygon reported that Three Houses "looked incredible" and noted that it looked more faithful to the series' animated aesthetic when compared to past titles. Both Eurogamer and The Verge compared the academy setting to Harry Potter's Hogwarts school of magic.
- Sarkar, Samit (January 18, 2017). "New Fire Emblem game coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018". Polygon.
- Cryer, Hirun (July 13, 2018). "Fire Emblem: Three Houses Release Date, Trailer, Gameplay, Characters - Everything we Know". USgamer.
- Vitale, Adam (February 13, 2019). "Fire Emblem: Three Houses set to release on July 26". RPG Site. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "Fire Emblem: Three Houses comes to the Switch in 2019". The Verge. Archived from the original on 2018-06-14.
- Phillips, Tom (2019-02-13). "Hogwarts-esque Fire Emblem: Three Houses launches July". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Gartenberg, Chaim (2019-02-13). "Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks like a Harry Potter-style anime adventure". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
|This tactical role-playing game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|