Fire It Up (Thousand Foot Krutch song)
|"Fire It Up"|
|Single by Thousand Foot Krutch|
|from the album Welcome to the Masquerade|
|Released||July 28, 2009|
|Genre||Christian metal, alternative metal|
|Label||Tooth & Nail|
|Songwriter(s)||Steve Augustine, Joel Bruyere and Trevor McNevan|
|Thousand Foot Krutch singles chronology|
|Welcome to the Masquerade track listing|
Radio Promo Cover
"Fire It Up" is the third single released by the Canadian Rock band Thousand Foot Krutch from their fifth studio album Welcome to the Masquerade. It charted at No. 18 on Active rock charts, No. 35 on the Billboard rock charts and No. 5 on Christianrock.net. The song is used in numerous promotions by sports teams, race drivers and in movies
- At least five hockey teams; the Hershey Bears, Nashville Predators, New York Islanders, Rockford Icehogs and Ottawa Senators use "Fire It Up" either in pre-game warm-ups or for promo videos at their games.
- The Wisconsin Badgers men's hockey team uses "Fire It Up" as one of two pregame songs to get the crowd excited.
- Fire It Up is featured in the video games NHL 10, MX vs ATV Reflex, and is currently available as downloadable content for Rock Band 2.
- Fire It Up is the theme tune of the Backdraft monster truck, driven by Jeremy Slifko.
- NASCAR uses the song in one of its advertisements.
- It was featured on the Versus Indycar Edmonton telecast in late July 2009.
- The song is also used in the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra trailer. It is also featured in the 2009 film, Ice Castles.
- Fox Sports used the song on an NFL Promotion.
- Team Canada at the World Juniors Hockey Championship used it in a promo video before games.
- NFL Network used the song as the background music for their 2009 "Plays of the Year" segment.
- The song became the official song for Super Bowl.
- The song has been confirmed as a downloadable song for Rock Band.
- Fire It Up has been used by the MLB
- "Fire It Up" – 3:07
- Trevor McNevan - vocals, guitar
- Joel Bruyere - bass
- Steve Augustine - drums
- Pete Stewart - additional guitar
Trevor McNevan stated that a music video for the song, which will make it the first song from Welcome to the Masquerade to receive one, was in production. However, on May 9, 2010, he stated on his Facebook page that "we [TFK] shot one a while back, but hated it... so, it's on the fence there."
- Carrie Underwood has stated that she is a fan of the band and especially "Fire It Up" and "Already Home."
- The guitar solo near the end of the song is played by Pete Stewart.
- "AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS - 0 2 . 1 4 . 1 2 - powered by MEDIABASE". Americasmusiccharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- ""Fire It Up"". Allmusic. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Thousand Foot Krutch Album & Song Chart History". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "Thousand Foot Krutch Fire It Up". StereoTruth.net. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Backdraft Wrecks At Monster Jam 2013 San Antonio, Texas". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- "Fire it Up on Versus Indycar Edmonton". YouTube. 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Thousand Foot Krutch G.I. Joe Trailer — Fire It Up". YouTube. 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Thousand Foot Krutch Fire It Up — Thousand Foot Krutch News @". Antimusic.com. 2009-07-29. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Thousand Foot Krutch song official song for Super Bowl — Peterborough Examiner — Ontario, CA". Peterborough Examiner. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Rock Band". Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Christian Music, Christian Music Video, Christian Music News". Hear It First. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Official website