Fire on the Mountain (album)
|Fire on the Mountain|
|Studio album with live tracks by Charlie Daniels Band|
|Released||November 29, 1974|
|Charlie Daniels Band chronology|
Fire on the Mountain is the fifth studio album by Charlie Daniels, released in 1974, appearing on the record label Kama Sutra Records, then later in 1976 by Epic Records. Most of the tracks on the album are studio recordings, while the last two songs are live performances, recorded at the War Memorial Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee on October 4, 1974. Early pressings contained a three song, seven inch, 45 RPM disc. Side one contains Volunteer Jam Part (1) and side two contains Volunteer Jam contd. Part (2) and Volunteer Jam contd. Part (3). The catalogue number of this disc is KSBS-EP-10.
All tracks composed by Charlie Daniels; except where indicated
- "Caballo Diablo" - 4:28
- "Long Haired Country Boy" - 4:03
- "Trudy" - 4:51
- "Georgia" - 3:06
- "Feeling Free" (Barry Barnes) - 4:10
- "The South's Gonna Do It" - 4:00
- "New York City, King Size Rosewood Bed" - 3:26
- "No Place to Go" - 11:24
- "Orange Blossom Special" (Ervin T. Rouse) - 3:00
- Charlie Daniels – electric, slide and acoustic guitars, banjo, fiddle, lead vocals
- Gary Allen - drums percussion
- Barry Barnes – electric and acoustic guitars, vocals
- Mark Fitzgerald – Bass guitar
- Joel "Taz" DiGregorio – keyboards, vocals
- Fred Edwards – drums
- Richard Betts – dobro on "Long Haired Country Boy"
- Jaimie Nichol – Congas on "New York City", "King Size Rosewood Bed", "No Place To Go" and "Feeling Free"
- Paul Hornsby – Production
- Roslav Szaybo and Simon Cantwell – Design
- James Flournoy Holmes and Kent Griggs – cover art and photography
- Ovie Sparks – engineer
- Tony Humphreys – assistant engineer
- "allmusic ((( Fire on the Mountain > Overview )))". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- "Charlie Daniels Band, The - Fire On The Mountain (Vinyl, LP) at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-08-07.