Fireflies (Faith Hill album)
|Studio album by Faith Hill|
|Released||August 2, 2005|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Faith Hill chronology|
|Singles from Fireflies|
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The New York Times||(mixed)|
Fireflies is the sixth studio album by country artist Faith Hill. The album was released on August 2, 2005. In its first week, the album sold 329,000 copies, making it the #1 album on both the Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums chart. Fireflies is her third #1 album, and it has been certified 2× Multi-Platinum by the RIAA for US shipments of two million copies. Hill produced the album with Byron Gallimore (who also produced for her husband, Tim McGraw) and Dann Huff. This album has sold 3.8 million copies worldwide.
Singles from the album include, in order of release: "Mississippi Girl", "Like We Never Loved at All", "The Lucky One", "Sunshine and Summertime" and "Stealing Kisses". Of these, "Mississippi Girl" was a Number One on the US Billboard country charts. The other singles peaked at numbers 5, 5, 7 and 36 on that chart, respectively. Of the singles, "Mississippi Girl", "Like We Never Loved at All" and "Sunshine and Summertime" were co-written by John Rich of Big & Rich, while The Warren Brothers (Brad and Brett) co-wrote "The Lucky One", a song on which Brett also sings backing vocals. Other backing vocalists on this album include Hill's husband, Tim McGraw (on "Like We Never Loved at All"), Bekka Bramlett, Rhonda Vincent, and Kelly Willis.
|1.||"Sunshine and Summertime"||Rodney Clawson, John Rich, Kylie Sackley||3:27|
|2.||"Mississippi Girl"||Rich, Adam Shoenfeld||3:52|
|3.||"Dearly Beloved"||Georgia Middleman, Fred Wilhelm||2:22|
|4.||"I Ain't Gonna Take It Anymore"||Kevin Brandt, Bobby Terry||4:00|
|5.||"Stealing Kisses"||Lori McKenna||4:23|
|7.||"Like We Never Loved at All" (with Tim McGraw)||Vicky McGehee, Rich, Scot Sax||4:22|
|8.||"I Want You"||Rivers Rutherford, Bobby Tomberlin||4:06|
|9.||"The Lucky One"||Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Jay Joyce||3:37|
|10.||"If You Ask"||McKenna||4:15|
|11.||"We've Got Nothing But Love to Prove" (North American release only)||Darrell Scott||4:35|
|12.||"You Stay with Me"||John Kennedy, Andrea Stolpe||4:23|
|13.||"Wish for You"||Darrell Brown, Craig Wiseman||3:28|
|14.||"Paris"||Blair Daly, Gordie Sampson, Troy Verges||5:20|
As listed in liner notes.
- String section on "Paris"
- String arranger, coordinator, and conductor: Carl Gorodetzky
- cellos - Suzie Katayama, Larry Corbett, Steve Erdody, Paula Hochalter, Steve Richards, Dan Smith
- violas - Evan Wilson, Bob Becker, Denyse Buffum, Roland Kato
- violins - Bruce Dukov, Charlie Bisharat, Darius Campo, Roberto Cani, Susaan Chatman, Mario DeLeon, Armen Garabedian, Berj Garabedian, Endre Grant, Songa Lee-Kitto, Michael Markman, Robert Matsuda, Sara Parkins, Robert Peterson, Michele Richards, Anatoly Rosinsky, Josefina Vergara, John Wittenberg
- Tracks 1, 3-6, 9, 10, 12 produced by Byron Gallimore and Faith Hill
- Tracks 7, 8, 13, 14 produced by Dann Huff and Faith Hill
- Tracks 2, 11 produced by Byron Gallimore, Dann Huff and Faith Hill
|United States||August 2, 2005|
|Italy||August 26, 2005|
|US Top Country Albums||1|
|US Billboard 200||1|
|World Albums Top 40||1|
|ARIA Country Albums||4|
|Canadian Albums Chart||2|
|Swiss Albums Top 100||37|
|Sweden Albums Top 60||45|
|Italy Albums Top 50||46|
As of May 2010, the album has sold 2,270,000 copies in the US. To date, it has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. On January 13, 2006, it was certified 2x Platinum by the RIAA.
- "Critic reviews for Fireflies". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2005-08-02). "Fireflies - Faith Hill". Allmusic. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- [dead link]
- Greg Kot (2005-08-01). "Fireflies Review | Music Reviews and News". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Hilburn, Robert (2005-07-31). "She's sorry she made them 'Cry'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Sanneh, Kelefa (2005-08-08). "Faith Hill Resurrects Her Inner Good Ol' Girl - New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Keefe, Jonathan (2005-08-02). "Faith Hill: Fireflies - Music Review". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- Inskeep, Thomas (2005-08-29). "Faith Hill - Fireflies - Review". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- ‹See Tfm› Fireflies (CD booklet). Faith Hill. Nashville, Tennessee: Warner Bros. Records Nashville. 2005. 48794-2.
Now 19 by Various artists
|Billboard 200 number-one album
August 14, 2005 - August 20, 2005
Chapter V by Staind
Feels Like Today by Rascal Flatts
|Top Country Albums number-one album
August 20 - September 2, 2005
Time Well Wasted by Brad Paisley