|Service type||Coach operator|
|Hubs||Southern Cross station|
|Fleet||13 (April 2014)|
Firefly Express is an Australian interstate coach operator.
Firefly Express' origins can be traced back to 1966 when Frank Bono and George Sita purchased route 406 Footscray–East Keilor. In 1968 Bono took full control. In November 1986 Firefly commenced operating an overnight Melbourne to Sydney service. In July 1987 route 406 was sold to Westrans and the Melbourne charter licences of VIP Express purchased.
Firefly commenced interstate operations using Austral Tourmaster and later HD1 coaches. In the 1990s it purchased double-deck Denning Landseer coaches, some second-hand. Since 1998 it has purchased Scanias with Coach Design and Coach Concepts bodywork, operating 13 as at April 2014, six painted in V/Line livery.
- "Firefly" Fleetline November 1990 page 171
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama 6/8 May 1991 page 14
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama 7/1 August 1991 page 3
- July 2011 - Firefly Coaches Commences Operation of V/Line Services Phillip Boyce & Associates 1 July 2011
- Firefly Express Australian Bus Fleet Lists