|Type||File sharing, encryption software|
|Launch date||12 March 2019|
Firefox Send is a free-to-use, online file-sending service, able to handle files up to 2.5 GB. It was developed by Mozilla and is licensed under the terms of the open source Mozilla Public License. Development started in 2017 and it came out of beta on 12 March 2019.
The source code is written in Node.js and hosted on GitHub. All files are encrypted before being uploaded and decrypted on the client after downloading. The encryption key is never sent to the server.
- "Introducing Firefox Send, Providing Free File Transfers while Keeping your Personal Information Private". Mozilla.org. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- mozilla/send LICENSE file on GitHub, Mozilla, 2019-03-14, retrieved 2019-03-14
- "First commit". GitHub. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Mozilla launches its free, encrypted file-sharing service, Firefox Send". Techcrunch. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Simple, private file sharing from the makers of Firefox". GitHub. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "File Encryption". GitHub. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|