This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Created by||Sidney J. Bailey|
|Theme music composer||Tim Kelly|
|Opening theme||"Firehouse Tales"|
|Ending theme||"Firehouse Tales" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||11 minutes (whole)
6 minutes (segments)
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||August 22, 2005– January 5, 2007|
Firehouse Tales is an American animated television series created by Sidney J. Bailey, produced by Warner Bros. Animation, which premiered on Cartoon Network's Tickle-U preschool television programming block in the United States on August 22, 2005. It is about three anthropomorphic fire trucks.
Firehouse Tales was originally produced by Firehouse Productions, LLC as a 22-minute (2x11) pilot, created and developed by animation producer Sidney J. Bailey and animation director Jim L. Clark. It was sold to Warner Bros. Television in 2004, which following their process the program was redeveloped as a CG program composited over 2D backgrounds - 26x half hours were subsequently produced by Warner Bros. Animation and aired on Cartoon Network worldwide.
The original pilot episode, which never aired publicly, was created as practical miniature sets with computer generated (CG) facial expressions added in post production. The original characters cast were: "Pete", "Lakie", "Tip", "Wiser", "Chief McSpeed" and the fire station Dalmatian "Squirt".
- Red (voiced by Jesse Moss) - A red firetruck and the main character in the show who never gives up. He loves nature and the outdoors but most of all he loves making new friends. Sometimes he is the leader of the firetruck team and is very cheerful and happy and is never glum, down and low.
- Crabby (voiced by Richard Cox) - A yellow firetruck who sometimes complains about his job and who likes the "great indoors" better than the outdoors but enjoys the outdoors sometimes and can be very grumpy sometimes but happy.
- Petrol (voiced by Michael Adamthwaite) - An orange firetruck who is sometimes afraid but manages to find the courage inside himself.
- Chief (voiced by Ron Halder) - The blue firetruck who is the leader of the junior firetrucks (Red, Crabby, and Petrol). He tells them exactly what to do at any given time. He sometimes put Red in charge of the team and sometimes leads the team when ever an emergency.
- Mayor (voiced by Ellen Kennedy) - The Mayor of Green Meadows and usually the only human to talk in the show. She usually complains about something that one of the firetrucks or a normal vehicle did but is sometimes fussy and cross and annoyed with what Red and friends do wrong.
- Stinky (voiced by David "Squatch" Ward) - The green garbage truck of Green Meadows. He is used to his own stench but sometimes takes a bath, resulting in pollution that has to be cleaned up by the firetrucks he first went to swim into a lake but accidentally got it all green and covered in garbage all over in Stinky's smelly bath.
- Snooty-Tootie (voiced by Colin Murdock) - A limo who carries the Mayor around Green Meadows. He once taught the junior firetrucks manners but is very snooty and important.
- Spinner (voiced by David A. Kaye) - A helicopter who often doesn't take his job seriously and is the class clown and completely annoys Crabby.
- Scoop (voiced by Kathleen Barr) - A seaplane who carries water which she can use to douse fires.
- Bubba (voiced by Blu Mankuma) - A bulldozer who works outside the firehouse and is friends with Red.
- Tech (voiced by Colin Murdock) - A robot mechanic a-like who works and fixes the firetrucks whenever they brake down.
- Squirt - A Dalmatian dog who likes bones.
- Ring a Ling (voiced by Matt Hill) - A bell who rings for an emergency.
- Chad (voiced by Kathleen Barr) - A microphone who calls for a duty and tells the firetrucks where the fire is.
- Milkie (voiced by Alex Ferris) - A ice cream truck who likes to give ice cream to the children and is Red's friend who appeared in many episodes.
- Wiser (voiced by French Tickner)- A tow truck with a nozzle who can lift and help people From fire who first appeared in "Older But Wiser".
- Tug (voiced by) - A fireboat who was ready to rescue. Voiced by Michael Dobson.
- Bulky (voiced by Colin Murdock) - A blimp who decerated from Halloween who appeared in "Spinner Spins a Tale" and "Hoppin' Hoses".
- Zoe (voiced by Kathleen Barr) - A tow truck who likes helping other cars and has a secret crush on Crabby.
- Pumpee (voiced by Kathleen Barr) - A gas pump who refuels the junior firetrucks.
- Lorrie (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain) - A land rover who lives in the beach and is Petrol's old friend who first appeared in "The Lorrie Story".
- Newsie (voiced by Scott McNeil) - A news truck who likes filming who first appeared in "Trucks on TV".
- Paul Dobson
- Trevor Devall
- Richard Newman (special guest star)
- Doron Bell Jr.
- Michael Daingerfield (Narrator)
- Michael Donovan
- Sarah Edmondson
- Ellie Harvie
- Jocelyne Loewen
- Gabe Khouth
- Samuel Vincent
- Garry Chalk
- Jane Mortifee
- Susan Silo
- Ian James Corlett
- Terry Klassen
- Cathy Weseluck
- Nicole Oliver
- Dale Wilson
- Ronnie Corbett
- Louise Vallance
- Mark Oliver
- Nicole Bouma
- Alberto Ghisi
- Brian Drummond
- Kelly Sheridan
- Brian Dobson
- Russell Roberts
- Reece Thompson
- Mark Hildreth
- Louis Chirillo
- Pam Hyatt
- Phil Hayes
- Alvin Sanders
- Ty Olsson
- Danny McKinnon
- Noel Callahan
- Janyse Jaud