Fireworks (punk band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)|
Fireworks performing in 2014
|Origin||Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||Emo-pop, melodic hardcore, pop-punk, power pop|
|Years active||2006–2015 (hiatus)|
|Labels||Run for Cover, Triple Crown|
|Past members||Tymm Rengers|
Fireworks began in 2005 in the Metro Detroit area of Michigan, where they signed to the independent label, Run For Cover Records, who released their debut EP, We Are Everywhere, and 7" Adventure, Nostalgia and Robbery. From there on, the band toured extensively, until 2008, when they were signed by the well-known independent label, Triple Crown Records, home of other popular bands such as As Tall As Lions, Fight Fair, Hit the Lights, and Honor Bright. There, Fireworks re-released We Are Everywhere, and in March 2009, they released their debut full-length, All I Have to Offer Is My Own Confusion produced by Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory.
In December 2009 Fireworks set out on their first European tour, supporting Set Your Goals.
In January 2010 Fireworks supported New Found Glory and Saves the Day on a full U.S. tour. They then toured Australia with New Found Glory in April as support alongside Hit The Lights before their own headlining tour of the country.
They have released two music videos, one for "Detroit" and another for "Arrows".
Their EP entitled "Bonfires" was released for digital download on December 7, 2010 and their sophomore full length, "Gospel" was released on May 24, 2011.
On December 18, 2011, Under the Gun Review voted "Arrows" by Fireworks as the best music video of the year
On January 29, 2014 Fireworks announced their third full length, Oh, Common Life. The album was released on March 25, 2014. The band also replaced Defeater on The Greatest Generation Tour in the Spring. They will join The Wonder Years, Real Friends, Citizen, and Modern Baseball.
- Studio albums
- Extended plays
- We Are Everywhere (2006)
- We Walk the Streets at Night (2006)
- Adventure, Nostalgia and Robbery (2008)
- Bonfires (2010)
- Split releases
- Save Your Breath vs. Fireworks (2008)
- Can't Hardly Wait (2005)
- Current members
- Brett Jones - lead guitar
- David Mackinder - lead vocals
- Adam Mercer - keyboard
- Chris Mojan - rhythm guitar
- Kyle O'Neil - bass
- Ted Roberts - drums
- Past members
- Tymm Rengers – drums
- Deming, Mark. "Oh, Common Life - Fireworks - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Aubin (September 18, 2008). "Triple Crown signs Fireworks, Fight Fair". punknews.org. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Manley, Brendan (March 17, 2014). "Fireworks - Oh, Common Life". Alternative Press. Archived from the original on March 20, 2014. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Henderson, Alex. "All I Have to Offer Is My Own Confusion - Fireworks - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Shultz, Brian (May 17, 2011). "Fireworks - Gospel". Alternative Press. Retrieved August 9, 2015.