Firies, Church of St Gertrude
|Elevation||20.978 m (68.827 ft)|
Opened in 1991, the Firies National School is a rural 15 teacher and Green school.
On a rock outcrop 855 meters south of the village is the fragmentary remains of a rectangular tower. The ground-floor appears to be occupied by a single chamber which was covered by a rounded vault which is almost entirely fallen. Only part of the walling above ground-floor level survives.
Bishop Eamonn Casey - Irish clergyman.
- "Fieries". Placenames Database of Ireland. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Fieries" (PDF). Kerry County Council. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Central Statistics Office, 2012 Census 2011 Population Classified by Area (Formerly Volume One)
- "Home Page". Firies National School. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Archaeological Survey Database". National Monuments Service. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
Media related to Firies at Wikimedia Commons
|This article related to the geography of County Kerry, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|