|Industry||Virtual data room|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Virtual data rooms facilitate secure document sharing across corporate firewalls. They are used for highly confidential or complex transactions seen with M&A, Corporate Finance, and Procurement, as well as Regulatory compliance and Governance processes.
In 2004, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg, a Toronto-based international business law firm, contracted Version 5.1 to develop the Davies Deal Room, online virtual data room software designed to facilitate legal transactions and M&A transactions. This project was commercialized by Version 5.1 in 2006 as Firmex Inc.
In 2015 Firmex was a Deloitte Fast 500 winner.
In 2016, Novacap, a Montreal-based Private Equity Fund, acquired a majority interest in Firmex. Firmex's customers started over 12000 virtual data rooms.
In 2018, Firmex expanded its European operations, opening an office in London, England.
In 2019, VERTU Capital, a Toronto-based Private Equity Fund, BDC Capital and Firmex management acquired Firmex.
In 2019, Firmex was awarded the 2019 Stevie Awards for Customer Service.
- A virtual smoke-filled room | The Globe & Mail
- Renewable Energy Industry Adopts Firmex for EPC
- Firmex Inc. Recognizes Need to Share Information Beyond the Office Firewall
- Davies Receives Award for Client Service Technology
- Klass Capital
- Legal Technology Companies & Services
- Yahoo News
- Money.ca[permanent dead link]
- "Apply Now – 2020 Technology Fast 500 Awards". Deloitte United States. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "NOVACAP Invests in Firmex to Accelerate Growth". www.novacap.ca. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- Firmex (2018-01-10). "Firmex Opens New EMEA Headquarters in London, UK". Firmex Resources. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- Dorbian, Iris (2019-02-05). "VERTU and BDC to acquire Firmex from Novacap". PE Hub. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Firmex Wins 2019 Stevie Awards for Customer Service". Dazeinfo. 2019-12-10. Retrieved 2020-02-06.