Location in Goiás state
|• Total||407.5 km2 (157.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||685 m (2,247 ft)|
|• Density||25/km2 (65/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BRT/BRST (UTC-3/-2)|
Location and connections
- Distance to São Luís de Montes Belos: 9 km.
Highway connections with Goiânia are made by state highway BR-069 west from Goiânia, through Trindade, Santa Bárbara de Goiás, Turvânia, and then 19 kilometers west to Firminópolis. Neighboring municipalities are Turvânia, Aurilândia, and Turvânia.
- Population growth rate 2000/2007: 0.53%
- Urban population in 2007: 8,212
- Rural population in 2007: 2,074
The main economic activities were small transformation industries, goods and services, and agricultural production. There were 02 banking institutions: Banco do Brasil S.A. - Banco Itaú S.A. (08/2007) There was 01 dairy: Manoel Pereira Peixoto (05/2006). The cattle herd had 55,0000 head (2006) and the main crops were rice, corn, soybeans, manioc, hearts of palm, and bananas.
Education and health
- Literacy rate: 84.1%
- Infant mortality rate: 18.35 in 1,000 live births
- Schools: 08 (2006)
- Students: 2,382
- Hospitals: 03 (2007) with 69 beds.
- MHDI: 0.744
- State ranking: 91 (out of 242 municipalities in 2002)
- National ranking: 2,039 (out of 5,507 municipalities in 2002)
For the complete list see frigoletto.com.br.
|This Goiás, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|