|Founded||2008 as FirstMark Capital|
|Headquarters||New York City, U.S.|
|Amish Jani, Rick Heitzmann, Matt Turck|
FirstMark Capital is a venture capital firm based in New York City. FirstMark invests in early-stage technology companies, frequently as the first institutional investor. It is led by Managing Directors Amish Jani, Richard Heitzmann, and Matt Turck.
Among the firm's areas of focus are Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, healthcare, enterprise applications, education, financial technology, e-commerce, and marketing technology.
FirstMark was also an investor in Aveksa, Boomi (acquired by DELL, Riot Games (acquired by Tencent Holdings), Netgear (NASDAQ: NTGR), First Advantage (NASDAQ: FADV), StubHub (acquired by eBay), Netegrity (acquired by Computer Associates), and others.
FirstMark focuses on Series A and seed-stage investments, with capital reserved for follow-investments. It closed its latest funds in June 2016, with $480MM in capital commitments.
- Riot Games Rounds Up $8 Million. New York Times, September 9, 2009
- Dashlane Passes 2M Users, Collects $22M For Its Client-Based Password Manager. TechCrunch, May 19, 2014
- Lumos Labs Raises $3 Million. VentureBeat, June 3, 2008
- Shopify Raises $7 Million Series A Funding
- Bilton, Ricardo. "BioDigital raises $4M to build the Google Earth for the human body".VentureBeat. Sep 25, 2013.
- Sketchfab Closes $7M Series A Round Of Funding. Disruptive Magazine, June 16, 2015
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Telenor Jumps Into Ad Tech, Acquires Tapad For $360M". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- Crook, Jordan. "InVision Raises $11.6M From FirstMark Capital And Tiger Global". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- McBride, Ryan. "Investors Back Growing Bay State Software Firms Aveksa and Apparent Networks in Pair of Series C Financings". xconomy. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Dell to Acquire Boomi
- China's Tencent Buys Riot Games for $400 Million
- EBay Will Buy StubHub for $310 Million. New York Times, January 11, 2007
- CA Acquires Netegrity
- "Announcing Our Newest Funds | FirstMark Capital - New York City Venture Capital". firstmarkcap.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.