||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Products||Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, security cameras|
First Alert Professional Security Systems was a network of independently owned security and fire alarm dealers in the western hemisphere from the early 1990's until the brand was dissolved by it's then owner on December 31, 2016. First Alert Professional was a brand that was owned by Pittway Corp, then spun off in a stock split in the early 2000's. For two decades, First Alert Professional branded (private labelled) security and fire alarm panels and Keypads manufactured by Ademco, Inc., later another major manufacturer. At the time of it's inception, the first alert brand was one of the most recognized brands in the life safety field, and recognized by the american public nearly as well as the major brand ADT.
First Alert is an American safety brand company, based in Aurora, Illinois. They make carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and other safety products like flashlights and fire escape ladders. They support fire safety in partnership with Safe Kids USA and The United States Fire Administration, providing smoke alarms at reduced cost to low-income families in the United States.
- 1958-company created by BRK.
- 1964-made first battery-powered smoke detector
- 1974-Sears begins selling the "BRK SS74R" battery powered smoke alarm
- 1992-Sold to T.H. Lee & Associates
- 1998-Sold to Sunbeam Corporation
- 2002-American Household, Inc. is formed from Sunbeam Corporation
- 2005-Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH) purchases American Household, Inc.
- 2006-BRK Brands/ First Alert becomes part of Jarden Branded Consumables.
- 2016-Newell Rubbermaid acquires Jarden, including BRK Brands, forming Newell Brands.
- 2009 DIY, Garden & Housewares "Silver" Industry Award in Security & Safety- Tundra [UK, Europe]
- 2008 Chicago Innovation Award- Tundra
- 2007 International Housewares Show "Best of Show"- Tundra
- 2006 Golden Hammer Gold Level Award Winner
- 2005 Golden Hammer Gold Level Award Winner
- 2004 Golden Hammer Gold Level Award Winner
- 2003 Golden Hammer Gold Level Award Winner
- 2002 SPARC Award Winner
- 2001 Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award for SA302
- 2001 Good Housekeeping "Good Buy" Award for SA302
- 1999 CHAMPS Award for winning marketing strategy in the consumer category
- 1999 EFFIE Award for "Be Safe...Replace" campaign, most effective advertising campaign in the health aids category
- 1997 Pinnacle Award for the Standard for Excellence
ONELINK brand from First Alert was recalled for all models prior to March 3, 2006 and all models with model numbers "SA500" and "SCO500".