First Chester & The Wirral
|Ceased operation||13 January 2013|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||110 (January 2013)|
|Website||First Chester & The Wirral|
It was included in the sale of Potteries Motor Traction to Badgerline, which in June 1995 became part of FirstBus. The company was later split, with the original Potteries Motor Traction becoming First Staffordshire & South Cheshire and the north Cheshire and Wirral operations, First Chester & The Wirral.
First Chester & The Wirral remained part of First Potteries until 2010, when the company was reorganised, with the Staffordshire operation reporting to First Midlands and the Chester & Wirral operations to First Manchester.
On 12 November 2012, First Chester & Wirral was sold to Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire with 110 vehicles and 290 staff. The sale was concluded on 13 January 2013 and is now operated as Stagecoach in Chester & Wirral.
- PMT snaps up last of Crosville Commercial Motor 8 February 1990 page 29
- FirstGroup agree purchase of Chester City Transport First Chester & Wirral 19 June 2007
- FirstGroup agree purchase of Chester City Transport FirstGroup 19 June 2007
- First trumps Arriva with Chester Bus purchase Bus & Coach Professional 20 June 2007
- "First splits Potteries bus operation between two other subsidiaries". Transport Xtra. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- £4.5 million bus buyout for Stagecoach in region Chester First 12 November 2012
- More First businesses sold to Stagecoach Bus & Coach Professional 12 November 2012
- "Chester and Wirral". Stagecoach Bus. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Keeping You In The Loop" (PDF). Stagecoach Bus. Retrieved 12 January 2013.