First Church of Christ, Scientist (Miami, Florida)
First Church of Christ, Scientist
|Location||1836 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||88003004 |
First Church of Christ, Scientist, located at 1836 Biscayne Boulevard in Miami, Florida, is an historic structure that on January 3, 1989, was determined to be eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. It is no longer a functioning Christian Science church, having been sold in 2013. The building was designed by August C. Geiger.
National register listing
- First Church of Christ, Scientist (added 1989 - Building - #88003004)
- 1836 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
- Architect, builder, or engineer: Geiger,August C.
- Architectural Style: Classical Revival, Other
- Area of Significance: Architecture, Religion
- Period of Significance: 1925-1949
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Religion
- Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
- Current Function: Religion
- Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
First Church of Christ, Scientist, sold the building in 2013 for $6.25 million. It was resold in Nov. 2014 for $14.25 million. In September 2015, the current owner received the city’s Urban Development Review Board's approval for use of the church building "for commercial uses, topped by a large garage next door to a brand new 38-story residential tower."
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Miami, now holds meetings in its reading room at 15 West Flagler Street in Miami.
- First Church of Christ, Scientist (disambiguation)
- List of former Christian Science churches, societies and buildings
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Miami, Florida
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Christian Science Miami property sold for $6.25M
- Developer proposes 350 units above historic Miami church
- John Charles Robbins, Historic church to become grocery, Miami Today, October 6, 2015
- April Garder, Filling A Personal Hunger: Historic Church to Become Grocery, Curbed Miami, October 5, 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to First Church of Christ, Scientist (Miami, Florida).|
|This article about a property in Miami-Dade County, Florida on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Miami is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|